Menu

Every. single. Monday. is a DISASTER

Peplophoros

:grouphug: I feel your pain.

We have made Mondays our light day, due to the usual Monday craziness. We also have several activities on Monday. So we start a bit late, relax a lot on the couch with books and math, and have a long quiet time in the afternoon.

I hope your day gets better. Maybe your mom can help a bit with the tired baby or crazy toddler? So YOU can get a nap!! :lol:

Mondays are by far our most difficult day, but if we get through it well, the rest of the week is usually great.

I think it is because our weekends are often long and busy and out of routine. No quiet times, often. And, frankly, getting started back up is hard.

So, we instituted "Project Day" we work on our content areas and catch up on reading history and science. We save projects and videos for Monday (watched about Volcanos today). We do our history map work. And generally work together for the day. Tomorrow we'll do math and grammar and writing, but Mondays are slower.

We agree with Mondays being crazy.

This week I have established Mondays as Cinnamon Roll Day; pretty straight forward concept we have Cinnamon Rolls in our otherwise mostly unsugary household.

I would like to say that I make these delectable treats from scratch...but we don't. We pop them out of the Immaculate Baking Company's tin and into our oven.

Seemed to work this morning for us...I'll let you know about next ;o)

Otherwise Mondays we hit the ground running and I remind all we have had a whole weekend to relax...

Edited by kerryfrank73

I loved Mondays. It was the weekends that were hell at my house. I was just talking to someone by PM that also likes Monday better than the weekend.

I guess Monday is a comparison to the weekend and depending on how the weekend goes, that influences what Monday will be like.