Menu

Rat lovers, check out my new girlie!

Ever since my girl, Lucy got sick a few months ago I've been searching for a new companion for her surviving cage mate, Rosalie. Friday, I found the perfect little girl. Her name is Aster. Isn't she adorable? She's a black Dumbo with a white underside. This morning I went and picked her up, so she's home and in quarantine for a few weeks before I try introducing the girls. I'm completely in love. :001_wub:

ETA: Sorry it's so huge. I've tried to resize it several times and it won't stay.

2012-10-21141405.jpg

Edited by contessa20

So sweet! We lost our last little rat about a month ago.

I probably will not get another one for a few years, I still have a houseful of cats inherited from teens heading off to college. :tongue_smilie: Five...five cats...I tell you...(and a hand me down dog :Angel_anim: with the patience of a saint) ...fortunately they are learning to co-exist.

The last rat, Calliope, was a 'dorm pet' belonging to my oldest dd until dd went off to study abroad. I can see inheriting a few more dorm pets before the school years are over. :lol:

So sweet! We lost our last little rat about a month ago.

I probably will not get another one for a few years, I still have a houseful of cats inherited from teens heading off to college. :tongue_smilie: Five...five cats...I tell you...(and a hand me down dog :Angel_anim: with the patience of a saint) ...fortunately they are learning to co-exist.

The last rat, Calliope, was a 'dorm pet' belonging to my oldest dd until dd went off to study abroad. I can see inheriting a few more dorm pets before the school years are over. :lol:

:lol: One of these days we'll end up with some "dorm pets," I'm sure. Personally, I'm hoping for a dog and an iguana. :D

We have a house full of cats, too; by the way. We have 4, plus 2 rats, a bearded dragon, a turtle, and a house rabbit. Our animals aren't even fazed anymore when I bring in something new. It's remarkable that the cats totally play with the rabbit, and they couldn't care less about the rat(s) that are squirming around on my neck.

awww..so cute!! My dd 21 is totally in love with her ratties. They are agouti littermates, and big fat males LOL. One has dumbo ears, one regular, so she can easily tell them apart. She loves those rats to death, so I totally understand rattie love :o). They *are* very sweet...like little dogs ;o).