Menu

Plan my vacation menu for me

Help me come up with 5 or so easy, easy dinners to make in a condo after being at disney all day long.

I am even considering taking my crock pot this time! If you give me crockpot recipes I need dump and walk away recipes!

But they don't all have to be crockpot recipes.

Typically we do easy meals.....spaghetti, frozen pizza, baked potatoes with steak, hamburgers or turkey burgers.....that sort of thing.

Any other easy ideas? Only two of us will eat beans, so no bean recipes please, unless it is only a small amount of beans......they will eat a chili with one can of beans per crockpot if that makes sense.....the rest is other ingredients so the beans aren't the main thing.

Thanks!,

Dawn

we do disney in our rv. I pre-cook EVERYthing and freeze. after a long day at disney, i do not want to cook or prepare anything.

the microwave is my friend.

I have a few things defrosted in the fridge and when we get back, someone throws frozen vegetables in the micro. everyone can decide what they want to go with the veggies. they take it out of the fridge and microwave it.

we even pre-cook burgers.

so late at night when we get back, each person can have something different and there is very little thought involved.

our ready to go meals include

hot dogs

burgers

quiche

lasagna

meat & rice stuffed cabbage

pasta

pancakes/waffles

we use paper plates, too. i don't want to do dishes on vacation either. we did this for 6 people.

whatever you plan on putting in your crockpot on vacation, do it now and freeze in smaller quantities.

robin in nj

I leave in 6 days have have company and activities the entire week, not to mention getting the house clean so that our dogsitters don't have to walk into a huge mess.

I am not likely to cook this week for our entire vacation and freeze.

We also have to drive over 10 hours to get there, our cooler won't keep the food frozen for that long. So, it would all have to be eaten in a few days.

It just isn't practical to do it this way without an RV or some sort of freezer with you.

Dawn

We did this vacation last month! Here were some of our meals:

Chicken in a crock pot

Uncle Ben's rice (easier/faster than making my own!)

frozen veggie

bagged salad

I cooked down the bones overnight in the crock pot and made the broth into chicken noodle soup for the next night.

sloppy joes. (I even bought the spice packet to make it easier)

Fish sticks and tater tots! (My kids had never had either!)

Frozen pizza

Burgers/frozen french fries

Spaghetti/salad/frozen garlic bread

Pork loin/potatoes/salad

For lunches, I roasted two chickens on the first day and sliced the meat for sandwiches. Chips. Carrot sticks. Fruit.

I leave in 6 days have have company and activities the entire week, not to mention getting the house clean so that our dogsitters don't have to walk into a huge mess.

I am not likely to cook this week for our entire vacation and freeze.

We also have to drive over 10 hours to get there, our cooler won't keep the food frozen for that long. So, it would all have to be eaten in a few days.

It just isn't practical to do it this way without an RV or some sort of freezer with you.

Dawn

I freezer cook extra all year and fill the deep freeze for RV trips.

we use a cooler for the 2 days of driving. we can't run the freezer in the RV while driving from NJ.

maybe next time

Robin

Baked potatoes (cook in crockpot) with chili, sour cream, and cheese. Or switch out the chili for salsa. Add pre-cut veggies with your favorite kind of dip.

Grilled cheese and ham sandwiches with a bagged salad.

Roasted chicken with sides from the grocery store---add some fruit.

Making extra and freezing all year is a great idea. I never seem to get my act together to do a lot of freezer meals. And I always wonder about certain things freezing, like a dish with potatoes in it, that sort of thing.

So you freeze it, stick it in the cooler and it stays frozen? I don't think ours would do that.....but we would need to put refrigerator items in there as well, like veggies. How do you keep it frozen for 2 days?

Dawn

I freezer cook extra all year and fill the deep freeze for RV trips.

we use a cooler for the 2 days of driving. we can't run the freezer in the RV while driving from NJ.

maybe next time

Robin

That would be easy. I have done that before but didn't think about it for the trip.

Dawn

We like barbecue chicken sandwiches.

I cook the chicken in the crockpot on low, then add bottled barbecue sauce, stir, and serve on hamburger buns. You can also add sauteed onions, if you like.

Would it be feasible to take a waffle iron (assuming you already have one, that is)? We love to have waffles for supper, and that would be something quick to mix together. It wouldn't take long to cook some sausage or bacon to go with this. You could take some add-ins to make it fun, like chocolate chips, pecans, banana, etc.

We have made chicken and dumplings in the crock pot in the past. I think we left the chicken cooking in the crock pot. When we returned, I turned the heat to high, and added a can of cheap biscuits for the dumplings. Turned out great and everyone enjoyed it.

What about a package of brisket in the crock pot? You could make sandwiches with it upon returning from the parks and serve chips and dips or whatever.

I have never made brisket before. Is it like a roast?

I dont' know if we will take a waffle iron.....DH is already saying he thinks I am weird for taking appliances with me! But I can make pancakes have done that on vacation for dinner.

Would it be feasible to take a waffle iron (assuming you already have one, that is)? We love to have waffles for supper, and that would be something quick to mix together. It wouldn't take long to cook some sausage or bacon to go with this. You could take some add-ins to make it fun, like chocolate chips, pecans, banana, etc.

We have made chicken and dumplings in the crock pot in the past. I think we left the chicken cooking in the crock pot. When we returned, I turned the heat to high, and added a can of cheap biscuits for the dumplings. Turned out great and everyone enjoyed it.

What about a package of brisket in the crock pot? You could make sandwiches with it upon returning from the parks and serve chips and dips or whatever.