Menu

Happy Saturday!

What's happening in your world today?

It's not quite 6:30 here in central AZ and I've already taken the dog out (even though she didn't do anything :glare:), put in a load of laundry, had some personal time with God, and spent nearly 20 minutes or so on Facebook and now here. ;)

What are you up to?

I think we're taking the kids to a fall festival here in a bit then home to nap and watch fall movies. We wanted to take a drive through the mountains today but the leaves haven't changed enough yet to make it worth it. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing Saturday! Hope everyone had a great day! :)

It's 2.30pm here. I spent the morning dusting and vacuuming, then made lunch. Have just finished off vacuuming and mopping. DS13 is away for the weekend with school racing their Greenpower cars. DS8 and DS5 are out with DH swimming. DS11 is out playing basketball with a friend. The dog has just gone outside. The house is clean and quiet and I'm enjoying being here and having a bite to eat in perfect peace and solitude :001_smile:.

2.30 here as well. (Hi Cassy :seeya:)

I have already done 3 loads of washing, put a mountain of clothes away (I will have more later - yippee!), hoovered upstairs, cleaned the bathroom and tidied the kitchen. All with a little help from DH and the kids.

The kids and I went out for a lovely walk around a local bird garden and then played at the brilliant adventure playground for a bit.

I'm off out now to the shops, once I finish my cup of tea. My in-laws are coming tonight so I probably ought to cook something.

My poor husband is flying across country to scatter his mother's ashes with his family. We dropped him off at the airport this morning at 8am for a flight that was supposed to leave a bit after 9.

He's still sitting at our local airport and has now missed his scheduled connection in Chicago and the backup flight. Don't know exactly how they'll straighten stuff out, but he's having a rotten morning.

His car is also still in the shop from a breakdown Tuesday evening and he got a call that a part in the ignition needs replacing,so that's pretty nasty too...costing us a couple hundred more as well.

Sigh.

Some friends of my son are coming over and spending the night, so thatll be nice.

I'm getting ready to clean the kitchen and I'll be doing some cooking today and tomorrow...making a batch of meatballs to freeze, so that'll be tasty.

Also need to grade a set of tests for a course I teach. Not looking forward to that.

I'm very grateful not to be traveling with my husband though. Poor guy!

Finishing my cup of coffee then going to wake up the girls. Older has a math statistics project due next week she has to work so expect me to post a poll for her later. :D After she gets her homework done and they clean their rooms we're going to an indoor amusement place to ride some rides and play some games - it is clouding up for a cold, drizzly day.

It is 8:20 here and I just woke up. I can't believe that my body actually let me sleep in this morning!

My day is sort of up in the air. As far as I know, my niece and her friend are coming some time today. The house is (mostly) tidied and what isn't, well, it won't kill anyone. I would say that it is "family ready but not quite company ready". I still have to clean the bathroom but that shouldn't take too long.

Otherwise - my dd has her normal volunteering at the Y this morning. I will go with her but today I won't be doing my normal Zumba. My blood pressure is sill doing crazy things. Instead, I'll be finishing up some grading and planning my dd's next "special assignment" in math.

Sounds like most everyone is busy :)except for those stuck in the airport or sick. :(

I'm back from Farmers Market, which was a bit disappointing today, need to go switch laundry, and then hash out more of my rough draft. Waiting for a friend to call so I can ask him some questions that I'm hoping will give me some more info for the paper, but haven't heard from him yet.

Oh, well, it's gorgeous outside right now. Hoping it stays that way today!

It's 2:30 and he's still stuck at the airport here.

I don't think he'll be getting out today.

Don't fly United if you can avoid it.

Kitchen is clean, brownies are tasty, sloppy joes were too, and I've chopped onions and garlic for meatballs tomorrow.