Menu

Looking for some input... (cc)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read any of the replies.

:grouphug:

It is true that we don't try to push our believes off on others. We do try to associate with those who are upholding God's standards. So how do we deal with our own adult children? In a similar manner I believe. The thing with homosexuality and such a relationship is that it can never be made right. If it was a boy she was openly living with she could marry him at any time and make it right.

I just asked my dh this question and he agrees with your dh.

It is hard I know. But she has made the decision to live that way.

• 5 months later...
Guest stemart

Hello to everyone ,I've just become a member of this forum. I was looking up Alzheimer forums 'cause my Dad's seriously ill at the moment with the dreaded thing. Anyways, I ended up here & thought I'd chime in. I come from Nth Queensland, Australia BTW. I'd like to chat about a couple of things if I could & I'll try to be as brief as I can be. First, justLisa, even apparently 'normal' looking & sounding people become freaked out when they've been involved in a cult like sect for any amount of time. I am sorry that these people ignore you when they find out you're not a 'christian'.....perhaps when they find out you're not a 'Pentecostal Evangelical' is more the point. I was one for a long time until I finally saw it for what it was.

My marriage broke down & we separated after 20 years .We also belonged to a Pentecostal church & I was a music minister for many years & was there thru thick & thin for many people there & considered many of them friends. I certainly learned a good hard lesson which I'm still coming to grips with about 'fair weathered friends' & about how it's just all too hard for many people to cope with other's stress. Or perhaps, it's just made too easy for them to walk away. Enough of that though.

I see nothing in scripture to suggest that Christ forgives the unrepentant. TammyS wrote this above & if I could, I'd like to humbly say something. This too.....Forgiveness is for those who are repentant. What we are called to do is LOVE, not judge. We're not called to deem certain people worthy or unworthy. Love is, (1Cor 13).....kind, patient, not boastful, not envious, protects, perseveres, holds no record of wrong etc.

I'm not sure if you've read Paul's evangel or his 'good news' about reconciliation? In 1Cor 5:18 he says that "we've been given the ministry of reconciliation & he goes on to explain what it is. He says that "God was in Christ reconciling the WORLD to Himself, NOT holding people's sins against them". This has changed my perspective of people, of Christianity, of a loving God & on sin & how the Father views it. It has basically been 'taken care of' at the cross ,so we no longer need to consider it when we go about our daily lives. This is very hard for many Christians to grasp. Eventually all will be saved, some in this life, others in the life after. Every knee will bow & tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

I haven't read all of the responses but there is a similar situation in my own family. My cousin, born a female, was a lesbian throughout her teen years/early adulthood. We all knew it, even before she came out with it publicly. Some years later, she had a sex-change operation and is now living as a man and is married to a woman. They just adopted a child. The whole situation seriously boggles my mind.

Back in the early stages of their adoption process, they thought they were going to get an infant. It was a hurried affair, they weren't very prepared and were in desperate need of baby items. I had an internal struggle. I wholeheartedly disapprove of the entire lifestyle and the premise of her living as a man,etc. and I did not want to condone any of that. I spoke with my husband at length and we decided that it wouldn't accurately show Christ's love to NOT give help because of their sin. How many times as Christ helped US even though we sin daily? They ended up not getting the baby and later adopted a teenager, so it was all a moot point at the end, but it did make me give serious thought to situations like this.

If one of our children decided to live a lifestyle such as Person A's child, it would be very very difficult for us because we DO believe your two statements. However, I think after some time to process we wouldn't ever think of shunning them from our homes. I think we'd eventually come to the place where partners were allowed with the understanding that there would be no PDA and no room sharing in our home.

((hugs)) I will be praying for you. :)

And on another note, I also find it sad when Christians won't befriend non-Christians. Some of my closest friends over the years were non-Christian and/or had very different beliefs than I do. DH and I have non Christian friends that treat us better and have helped us in hard spots more than those who were Christian. I've found that it's hard to make friends within my own church because I'm not "Christian enough." None of that is Christ-like. Not even a little.

There was also a time when DH and I were newly married that we allowed a gay friend of ours to live with us for several weeks because he and his partner had a rough time and he had nowhere to go. DH wasn't a Christian at that point, but I was. We would have had a similar stance. He was welcome to stay as long as he needed, but no partners coming in and making the nature of their relationship glaringly obvious. That was 7 years ago and we still love that man dearly, even though he knows our stance on his lifestyle.

Hello to everyone ,I've just become a member of this forum. I was looking up Alzheimer forums 'cause my Dad's seriously ill at the moment with the dreaded thing. Anyways, I ended up here & thought I'd chime in. I come from Nth Queensland, Australia BTW. I'd like to chat about a couple of things if I could & I'll try to be as brief as I can be. First, justLisa, even apparently 'normal' looking & sounding people become freaked out when they've been involved in a cult like sect for any amount of time. I am sorry that these people ignore you when they find out you're not a 'christian'.....perhaps when they find out you're not a 'Pentecostal Evangelical' is more the point. I was one for a long time until I finally saw it for what it was.

My marriage broke down & we separated after 20 years .We also belonged to a Pentecostal church & I was a music minister for many years & was there thru thick & thin for many people there & considered many of them friends. I certainly learned a good hard lesson which I'm still coming to grips with about 'fair weathered friends' & about how it's just all too hard for many people to cope with other's stress. Or perhaps, it's just made too easy for them to walk away. Enough of that though.

I see nothing in scripture to suggest that Christ forgives the unrepentant. TammyS wrote this above & if I could, I'd like to humbly say something. This too.....Forgiveness is for those who are repentant. What we are called to do is LOVE, not judge. We're not called to deem certain people worthy or unworthy. Love is, (1Cor 13).....kind, patient, not boastful, not envious, protects, perseveres, holds no record of wrong etc.

I'm not sure if you've read Paul's evangel or his 'good news' about reconciliation? In 1Cor 5:18 he says that "we've been given the ministry of reconciliation & he goes on to explain what it is. He says that "God was in Christ reconciling the WORLD to Himself, NOT holding people's sins against them". This has changed my perspective of people, of Christianity, of a loving God & on sin & how the Father views it. It has basically been 'taken care of' at the cross ,so we no longer need to consider it when we go about our daily lives. This is very hard for many Christians to grasp. Eventually all will be saved, some in this life, others in the life after. Every knee will bow & tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

It's one thing to bump an old thread with an issue that involves, oh, teaching fractions or something. It's another thing to bump a very personal, heartbreaking thread from last year. Gently, I suggest that you start a new thread next time and link to the old one if you feel it is absolutely necessary.

And welcome to the board. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on homeschooling your children.