Menu

What do you do when you feel like you're coming down?

The kids have had colds all week, and I woke up this morning with a sore throat, so I expect I am next. So far, I'm not feeling awful, but I do want to take care of myself.

I'm torn between racing around getting things done so I can rest when/if the bad part kicks in, or sitting around resting and drinking hot liquids.

What do you do?

I load up on supplements: Emergen-C, Sambucol, vitamin D, and and immune boosting tincture that I have. I take oil of oregano, gargle with salt water (if throat is an issue), put peroxide in each ear for a few minutes, and diffuse thieves oil in the air. I also take raw garlic (crushed up on fresh buttery bread) and a few shots of raw apple cider vinegar. I fight back hard :D and am rarely sick. ;)

Just commiserating because I don't know. We all have colds except DS.

And that SUCKS because he is the worse of all. I'm siiiiiiiiiiiiiick times five thousand times a day. DH is a close second.

DD doesn't have time for it, just like me. I had feeling cruddy with things to do. I have been going to bed early though.

Tuesday: stayed in bed all day, had sore throat for about a week due to sinus drainage.

Wednesday: Ran around like crazy fixing all the things that didn't get done on Tuesday, felt a little better, still not great

Today: brain dead, literally cannot focus on a thought. should have rested more yesterday.

I really try to take it easy if I feel like I'm coming down with something. I have a compromised immune system, and if I don't kick it, I'll end up in bed for a week or more. I really hate this one good day, one bad day thing.

I would take it easy for 24 hours, drink liquids and rest.

Take Vitamin C and Lysine...both boost the immune system. ;)

We recently had a bug/flu go through the house. (6 of us)

Son-in-Law: took nothing; sick for 4 days

DH: took some; sick for 3 days

Myself: took a little more than DH; sick for 24 hours

DD: (pregnant -- taking prenatals, vit C & probiotics) sick for 24 hours

DD & DS: took max doses of both: not sick

Tuesday: stayed in bed all day, had sore throat for about a week due to sinus drainage.

Wednesday: Ran around like crazy fixing all the things that didn't get done on Tuesday, felt a little better, still not great

Today: brain dead, literally cannot focus on a thought. should have rested more yesterday.

I really try to take it easy if I feel like I'm coming down with something. I have a compromised immune system, and if I don't kick it, I'll end up in bed for a week or more. I really hate this one good day, one bad day thing.

I would take it easy for 24 hours, drink liquids and rest.

Ugh I think that is where I am at today. And the same schedule. Yesterday I ran errands did a bunch of laundry and some stuff outside. I hate today.

It all depends on how off I'm feeling. If it isn't too bad, I take a bit of Tylenol and some Vit. C and carry on with my day. If it is something more, I will probably take care and rest.

I try to keep our school planner at least a week ahead just in case life gets in the way. DS is older and pretty independent school wise. If he comes across a problem or lesson that stumps him while I am resting he knows to just leave it until I can explain it to him. When he was younger we had Netflix days when I was ill.

I don't get ill very often anymore, but when I do it is bad. If I can catch myself early, I can usually give my body a little extra love and avoid something serious.