Menu

Best marble run

I want to get my kids a marble run for Christmas, but I want to get the most pieces for my money, a set with fun and interesting pieces, and one that is of good quality. There are so many options! I'm pretty sure I could spend the next month doing nothing but reading reviews, so I thought I'd just come and ask you wise ladies and men.

Thanks!

We got a Q-Ba-Maze instead of a traditional marble run and I really like it. I am having a lot of fun making cool designs and copying designs from the website. The kids like it too. ;) I originally wanted a regular marble run but went with this one because it is more compact and takes up little space when it is put together and in storage, and is easy to set up quickly. We got the set I linked to above and it is plenty big to make most designs but I put another set on our wish list. If more than one person wants to make their own marble run, it is harder to make something cool with only half of the blocks.

Haba! I would buy it again 1000x over. Flexible in a way that Quadrilla and plastic runs cannot be, able to be combined with other toys (including our favorite, wooden blocks), heirloom quality, with new accessories added each year... Here is a thread from last week in which I spoke of our love. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree::iagree:

Ours has been a fave around here for 4 or 5 years. There's always something to add to it, and we combine with our wooden blocks all the time. We have bought pieces here and there, as well as gifts from family, so the expense has been spread out over many years. Totally recommend it over the plastic varieties. This thing will last a long time!

LOVE!

we have the Discovery Toys one too and LOVE it. I love that the pieces are strong and that they stay together well. I was always wondering how those wooden pieces would stay together so that the kids wouldn't be frustrated with it. (maybe some one here can enlighten me with that information). We had the original set and then found extra pieces at a garage sale...the kids play with it often.