Menu

What would you serve as sides with crockpot roasted chicken

I'm looking for something that doesn't involve steaming or stir frying the veggies which is my usual method. The chicken is only very lightly seasoned with garlic, so almost anything would work. Going shopping at noon :)

*I guess I should have mentioned that I'm looking for something specific and not a salad (which we often have) or just the name of a vegetable. I used the crockpot to avoid turning on the oven, so stovetop would be better. I'm being picky, I know.

Edited by love2read

We've begun putting carrots in when roasting chicken in the oven. Not sure if you'd enjoy them as much in the crock pot, but they are delicious when roasted in the oven. We love these green beans

Garlic Green Beans

Ingredients

2 garlic cloves minced

1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil

16 ounce frozen Pictsweet deluxe green beans come in 24 oz bag-3 lb is 2 bags

1/4 cup chicken broth

1/2 teaspoon sugar

1/4 teaspoons salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add beans, tossing to coat. Add broth and remaining ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until green beans are crisp-tender.

• Raw or glazed baby carrots.
  • Steamed green beans topped with flavor! Use coconut oil to fry a heaping teaspoon of finely chopped onion, a clove or two of pressed or finely minced garlic, and a large handful of slivered almonds. Just fry it all very quickly in the coconut oil before the garlic or almonds burn (put in the onions first), then drizzle over beans and stir.)
  • Rice pilaf

Twice baked potato casserole. Okay. I just saw you said no oven. You don't have to bake them. They taste good without that step. Just not as good. :)

Mash 8-10 potatoes (after boiling obviously)

add 8 oz cream cheese

add 8 oz sour cream

add chives or garlic

add bacon or cheese

Whip with mixer. Bake in casserole dish at 375 for 30 minutes.

Easy and really, really good.

FWIW, I sometime half the recipe and it works just fine. Oh. Don't add anything to the potatoes. Just mash 'em.