Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 9/30-10/6

Negin

I hope your hamstring feels better.

Thank you. :grouphug:

Lots of stretching, ice packs, Tiger Balm, Advil - my hamstring is not doing well at all. :glare: I really hope that I don't need to go to the doctor. I hope it heals by itself over time.

Did aerobics. Unfortunately, I injured my hamstring in a really horrible way. :glare: This is what I hate about high-impact stuff. Love the benefits and so on, however. Guess it's back to swimming and lighter stuff for a while.

:grouphug:So sorry you are injured. I hope you heal quickly.

Sunday: off

Monday: JM NMTZ

I have a question about "missing" a day. Since my hernia surgery, I have decided that my goal is going to be to exercise five days a week. I was previously trying to do six days a week. It was just too hard with "life." But, when I did six days a week, I didn't feel guilty if I had to miss a day every once in awhile. Now, if I only get four days in, I do feel guilty. Doing five is usually not an issue because if I have to miss a weekday, I can do a make-up on Saturday. But over the next few weeks I have a LOT of extras - routine MD appointments, etc. Why do all those "extras" always come in batches all clustered at the same time?? :confused:

My question is: How strict are you with yourself about how many days per week you exercise? I don't want to get on a slippery slope and be happy with 5 a week, then backslide to being happy with 4 a week, etc.

Day 1/week 3 of P90X -arms and shoulders today. I cannot yet do a pull-up without a chair or more than two push-ups unless I'm on my knees, but I worked my tail off this morning doing what I could!

Woohoo! Let me tell you it feels so good when you work your way up. I can now do 3 pullups and 16 pushups without being tired and I can push myself to 20. It feels awesome! :D I can do more than my dh. :tongue_smilie:

Jumping back in here after skipping out on the last few threads. :p

Sunday: 4 mile run. Meant to do 8 but started too late. I'd forgotten how quickly it gets dark here in the Fall!

Monday: Insanity: Max Interval Circuit. Hadn't done one of the month 2 workouts in a while. It sure felt like it too. :lol:

Doing Round 2 of Les Mills Pump! I nearly completed the program and earned the free T-Shirt but I hurt my back doing something else.

Soooooo... back to Pump! Gonna get that shirt.

As for keeping on track I use the schedules in my program. Have a written plan and follow it. If *I* wing it then it is just too easy to mess up. Plus I log in my workouts with team beachbody account (they daily drawings for cash prizes ) and maybe one day, I will win some cash.

P90X victories - do your best and forget the rest!

Stretching - that's all I can do for now.

So sorry you are injured. I hope you heal quickly.

Thanks so much, Cynthia. :grouphug:

My question is: How strict are you with yourself about how many days per week you exercise?

Recently, I've been very strict. But generally, I recognize the need for flexibility. Sometimes it's just hard with all the responsibilities and things that we need to take care of. At those times, I just try to do what I can and not stress too much about it. You and I are so similar it seems. :D :grouphug:

Woohoo! Let me tell you it feels so good when you work your way up. I can now do 3 pullups and 16 pushups without being tired and I can push myself to 20. It feels awesome! :D I can do more than my dh. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, I look forward to it. I am getting stronger! I went from 0 regular form push-ups to 2!

Day 2/week 3 P90X - Plyometrics this morning @ 5am. I love this workout! It is also the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I haven't really changed my diet yet. It isn't horrible, but I eat too much sugar every day. I'm going to attempt to clean up my diet this week and keep a food journal.

Before P90X I did Jillian's Ripped in 30 for 4 weeks, and before that I've never exercised in my life. So really I'm on week 7 of exercising, and while I feel amazing and I'm getting stronger, the scale hasn't budged. I'm not overweight, but I could lose 10-15 pounds. From having baby after baby, it is all in my belly.

And supplements... I don't want to spend the money on them; I would rather eat real food. But do I NEED them? I'm not convinced, but they are pushed on the beachbody website.

Yes, I look forward to it. I am getting stronger! I went from 0 regular form push-ups to 2!

Day 2/week 3 P90X - Plyometrics this morning @ 5am. I love this workout! It is also the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

And supplements... I don't want to spend the money on them; I would rather eat real food. But do I NEED them? I'm not convinced, but they are pushed on the beachbody website.

Yea! Have you noticed a visual change in your arms yet? That's usually the first change that you can see and it's pretty rewarding. :D

I still haven't started P90X because I'm waiting to get a pull up bar.

As for supplements I take a prenatal but that's because I'm nursing still. I also take Vit D because I was really low due to celiac.

I think if you eat really well you don't need expensive supplements.

Improvement in my arms and shoulders was my first visible change when doing Jillian Michael's as well. She does a great job of toning that problem area. :)

~~

Tuesday: Level 1 of Ripped in 30 followed by 30 minutes of Flirty Girl. I'll also be teaching a class tonight.

I haven't really changed my diet yet. It isn't horrible, but I eat too much sugar every day. I'm going to attempt to clean up my diet this week and keep a food journal.

Before P90X I did Jillian's Ripped in 30 for 4 weeks, and before that I've never exercised in my life. So really I'm on week 7 of exercising, and while I feel amazing and I'm getting stronger, the scale hasn't budged. I'm not overweight, but I could lose 10-15 pounds. From having baby after baby, it is all in my belly.

Yes. You don't have to get BB's stuff but you really ought to supplement I get asked this a lot. One, the more you exercise, the more you will need. Two, we don't eat as healthy as we imagine. It gets really tricky but I would say start with a multivitamin.

I recommend The Book of Supplement Secrets: A Beginner's Guide to Nutrition. It is a really quick read and super cheap on Kindle. Read that before you plunk down money on supplements.

Stretching - that's all I can do for now.

Thanks so much, Cynthia. :grouphug:

Recently, I've been very strict. But generally, I recognize the need for flexibility. Sometimes it's just hard with all the responsibilities and things that we need to take care of. At those times, I just try to do what I can and not stress too much about it. You and I are so similar it seems. :D :grouphug:

Negin, I take that as a high compliment for you to say that I am similar to you! I don't see it, 'cause you are so NICE! Me? Not so nice. :D

Tuesday: BBL - High & Tight AND Bum Bum!!

So glad I finally forced myself to do both of these in one day. This is how I am supposed to do them, and my goal is to pair these one day a week. Makes my work out time longer, but I need it at least once a week. Gotta rock the jeans, kwim? :lol:

I am trying not to stress too much if I have to miss a day. I don't know why it is, but all the "extras" (MD appts, dentist appts, etc.) seem to come all near each other in time.

Yes. You don't have to get BB's stuff but you really ought to supplement I get asked this a lot. One, the more you exercise, the more you will need. Two, we don't eat as healthy as we imagine. It gets really tricky but I would say start with a multivitamin.

I recommend The Book of Supplement Secrets: A Beginner's Guide to Nutrition. It is a really quick read and super cheap on Kindle. Read that before you plunk down money on supplements.

Thank you!

Nothing so far. Will stretch as much as I can. Leg better, but still in quite a bit of pain.

Negin, I take that as a high compliment for you to say that I am similar to you! I don't see it, 'cause you are so NICE! Me? Not so nice. :D

Cynthia, thank you. :grouphug:

You are nice. Trust me. :D

We all have a slightly naughty side that's not so nice. The side our nearest and dearest often so kindly remind us about. ;) :lol:

Week 3/Day 3 P90X - Shoulders & arms, abs: Complete!

I need heavier weights, from 12-25 lbs. What is the latest and greatest for ease in storage? I saw on one website a small dumbbell that looked like you just buy the disks to switch out on the ends... if that makes sense. Or is the popular thing still just the regular cast iron dumbbells with the stand you set them in, like I see on P90X?

I found

who gives some great tips on how to work up to a pull up. I will definitely be trying these tips.

Monday: 30 minute power walk on the treadmill

Tuesday: 30 minute power walk on the treadmill, gym ball exercises,

Wednesday: 30 minute power walk on the treadmill, hand weights, first yoga class

On tap for Thursday and Friday: 30 minutes power walk on the treadmill, hand weights, new yoga video

Monday: 30 minute power walk on the treadmill

Tuesday: 30 minute power walk on the treadmill, gym ball exercises,

Wednesday: 30 minute power walk on the treadmill, hand weights, first yoga class

On tap for Thursday and Friday: 30 minutes power walk on the treadmill, hand weights, new yoga video

Which yoga dvds?

I always want to know what others are using. :001_smile:

Stretching

Negin, are you able to swim?

My plan is to hopefully try on Sunday. Still have some pain.

I rebounded for 30 min this morning. I'd forgotten about rebounding until this morning when I woke up with a desire to fly.

:D

Five mile run this morning.

I'm dealing with rub burns on my arms from running this week. Anybody got advice?

Are they from a t-shirt? I only run in tank tops or long sleeves for that reason. I also have to be very careful what shorts I wear for a 4+ mile run. Those rub burns take forever to heal. If it is skin-to-skin contact, Bodyglide might help. I've never needed it, though.

Are they from a t-shirt? I only run in tank tops or long sleeves for that reason. I also have to be very careful what shorts I wear for a 4+ mile run. Those rub burns take forever to heal. If it is skin-to-skin contact, Bodyglide might help. I've never needed it, though.

I was running in bare arms and my sports-top. It's supposed to get cool here this weekend so I'm going to wear my long-sleeve top for protection. Ouch!

I hear you on the shorts. Thankfully, I've never had trouble in that regard-just the arms.

:iagree: Glide - it looks like a stick of deodorant but goes on clear. It is an anti chafing product. Works great and you can get in any sports store (Sports Chalet, Sports Authority, and so forth).