Menu

I am raising the pokey little puppy

That is all. If my k'er had to be out the door for school early in the morning, we would never make it! It routinely takes him half an hour to get dressed. Breakfast, bathroom time, getting dressed...the child gets up at 7:30 but isn't ready until 9! :D

:tongue_smilie: he's finally dressed, so that is all.:tongue_smilie:

I have one of those, too, and that is exactly what I call him--my poky little puppy. It is a case of the apple's not falling far from the tree in our case: my husband has one speed, and it is medium. He cannot hurry to save his life. We trade off taking my swimmer to 5:30 am practices. I--a GIRL, mind you--can go from a sound sleep to out the door, showered and dressed for a day at the office or at home, and that is with shaving my legs every single day, in 18 minutes. He can not do it in under 35. The house could be on fire, and he would say, "Let me get my coffee." And of course my 8 yo "Chip" (my husband is "Block") is the exact. same. way.

Terri

I have one too. She actually loves being up early in the morning! She does not, however, hurry for anything. She is routinely the last one sitting at the table after a meal, the last one dressed and ready to go out, the one lingering in the bathroom while we're all waiting to leave, etc. Getting her to preschool in the mornings was such a nightmare that it was definitely a factor in our deciding (and continuing) to homeschool!

I have one of those, too, and that is exactly what I call him--my poky little puppy. It is a case of the apple's not falling far from the tree in our case: my husband has one speed, and it is medium. He cannot hurry to save his life. We trade off taking my swimmer to 5:30 am practices. I--a GIRL, mind you--can go from a sound sleep to out the door, showered and dressed for a day at the office or at home, and that is with shaving my legs every single day, in 18 minutes. He can not do it in under 35. The house could be on fire, and he would say, "Let me get my coffee." And of course my 8 yo "Chip" (my husband is "Block") is the exact. same. way.

Terri

:lol:

--a GIRL, mind you--can go from a sound sleep to out the door, showered and dressed for a day at the office or at home, and that is with shaving my legs every single day, in 18 minutes. He can not do it in under 35. The house could be on fire, and he would say, "Let me get my coffee.".

This sounds a lot like my house. I hear my alarm, stretch and I'm up before it's done beeping. DH sets his alarm 90 min. BEFORE he needs to get up so that he can hit snooze a zillion times. Even then, he still sleeps THROUGH the alarm and gets up late almost every. single. day. At our house, there is no coffee, but if the house was on fire, DH would never know because he'd never hear the alarm.

God bless him, DS is like me. He's an early riser and there is ZERO danger of him falling back to sleep once he's up. He sets his alarm ridiculously early when it is needed, but that's only because he LIKES to be leisurely in the morning.

This runs in my family. My Dad and sister are the same way (also some aunts and cousins). The world will wait for them, and whatever they might have missed wasn't worth seeing anyway. :001_smile: Slow and late. Always.

My DD is following in the family footsteps. It's enough to drive a person around the bend. Of course myself, but even more so DH who didn't grow up with all the other people that my DD takes after. I have to keep reminding him that it is IN her blood and nobody has been able to "train" (or scream, or threaten) it out of any of them, yet. They're on time or can hurry when they deem it important, only.

Terri

That is so funny. I've always said Dh does not have a hurry button. It takes him an hour! to get ready in the mornings. I've also informed him that I will get the kids out if there is a fire, but he's going to have to get himself. :lol:

ETA: Ds8 is just like him. Do you know how long math can take when you stare at a problem for 5 minutes before you even write it down? I wish I was exaggerating. He doesn't take that long anymore, but oh, my goodness!

Edited by Meriwether

Terri

That's here too. As well as getting kids ready, feeding everyone (ok, I'm not quite so ambitious about shaving my legs but still...:lol:). DH is like, "Oh. We're in a hurry? Let me go have my manly man bathroom time for 40 minutes then shower and eat and..." ARG!! We are hurrying...no, don't go into the bathroom! Not with your book! No!

And DD2 take straight after him. Sigh.

This sounds a lot like my house. I hear my alarm, stretch and I'm up before it's done beeping. DH sets his alarm 90 min. BEFORE he needs to get up so that he can hit snooze a zillion times. Even then, he still sleeps THROUGH the alarm and gets up late almost every. single. day. At our house, there is no coffee, but if the house was on fire, DH would never know because he'd never hear the alarm.

This is me and DH, only opposite. Once I'm up I can hurry, but getting up is a whole different story. I don't hear alarms either, or if I do, I have to hit snooze about 50 times. :D Gotta get up at 7...set the alarm for 6:15 minimum! LOL

DH set off our burglar alarm when he got up yesterday morning. I slept through it.