garlic

small onion, chopped

3/4 cup thawed corn

a can's worth of pinto beans

1 cup salsa

cilantro

cheese

crunchy taco shells

Heat oil. Cook garlic and onion 2 minutes. Add corn and beans and cook 5 minutes. Add salsa and cilantro and cook 2 minutes.

Spoon in to taco shells, top with cheese. Eat.

Making dried beans into "canned" beans: http://homemakerschallenge.com/2012/08/21/replace-canned-beans-with-your-own-pre-prepared-beans/

My Easiest Bean Soup:

Super Simple & Cheap Bean Soup

* Soak pinto beans (fill 1/4 of your pot with beans, then fill to the brim with water) overnight.

* Next day, drain, and refill with fresh water and a tablespoon or so of salt. I prefer using the crockpot, but the stove works just as well.

* Add in one or two meat bones (I used beef this time, but ham hocks are good, too; I had 2 large beef bones that were $1.50).

* Bring to a boil, then simmer for at least 2 hours, but the longer the better. Or, cook on low all day on the crockpot or on high for half the day.

* About half an hour or so before dinner, scoop out the bones onto a plate and pull of the meat, adding it back to the soup. Discard the bones and fat. Pour the broth back into the pan and add in a generous portion of beans.

* With a potato masher or a few whirs of an immersion blender, mash some of the beans, but do not puree.

This tastes quite a bit like "Bean and Bacon" canned soup, but much better and without any strange ingredients or preservatives. It made a whole stockpot full for about $2, and it was enough for two dinners and a family lunch. It freezes well, too.

I cook my dry pinto beans and then freeze in ziploc bags (in various quantities).

Put 5 cups of rinsed pinto beans in crockpot, cover with water by 3 inches. Soak overnight. Drain soaking water, refill crockpot with fresh water and cover beans by 3 inches. Cook on high for about 5 hours or low for 8 hours. I know they are done when I smell that yummy bean flavor. Drain excess water from cooked beans. Place beans in ziploc bags, freeze. You can throw them in to chili frozen, and they will thaw just fine. However, you must thaw them before making other bean dishes.

Blessings!