Menu

Dr. Pepper at my elbow. Tell my why I don't want to open it. Please?

Heat up the Dr. Pepper then try drinking it. SO not worth the sip, and then it'll be warm and not desirable.

I gave up Diet Coke three months ago and it was actually painful. I'll never get off that wagon again, and get hooked on diet sodas. And I don't like regular (aka non-chemical) drinks :)

Walk away from Dr. P. Your regular doc would be proud!

Just walk away. If you must indulge, consider running to the store in this 97 degree heat, ultra humidity (well, that is what it is here) to get a diet Dr. Pepper. Not allowed anything otherwise.

If not, then just walk away from the Dr. Pepper. Walk over to the sink. Drink two huge glasses of water. HUGE GLASSES OF WATER. If you think you can drink any Dr. Pepper after that, well, then, you've got serious thirst issues. And need to see a doctor. But not Dr. Pepper.

I need to lose 20 lbs. I don't need the Dr. Pepper. But it sure is calling my name. So tell me--the bad and the ugly about why I don't want to drink it. I know you can do this--there are enough health-food folks here...

The mere thought of Dr. Pepper ~ and other pop/soft drinks in general ~ just makes me...:ack2: (But I'd by lying if I didn't say a rootbeer float hits the spot now and then.:D) I can only imagine what the stuff does to you. Plus, it tastes disgusting ~ but of course, you must not think so, or you wouldn't be tempted.:)

Visualize the inner workings of your body ~ your God-given, healthy body in its pure, natural state. Think of what a great system you have there. Think of fresh water, fresh air, fresh food. And then visualize this stuff ~ this drug, really. Visualizing it oozing into every corner of your body. Have you ever read Bill Peet's book, The Wump World? Imagine your body, sans Dr. Pepper, as the lovely, green world in which the wumps lived. Then along came those "pot-bellied monsters" from outer space, spewing fumes and paving over everything. Those pot-bellied monsters are the Dr. Peppers personified. Don't let them get you.;)

Dr. Pepper is no longer calling.

Whew!

So what do ya'll do when you are driving home from a star party (as in astronomy, telescope) after midnight and you get sleepy? I drink Dr. Pepper....is there something better?

Don't ask me to drink coffee. Yuck.

J

Dr. Pepper is no longer calling. Whew!

Bravo, Jean!

So what do ya'll do when you are driving home from a star party (as in astronomy, telescope) after midnight and you get sleepy? I drink Dr. Pepper....is there something better?

I'd drink cold water.:)

Heat up the Dr. Pepper than try drinking it. SO not worth the sip, and then it'll be warm and not desirable.

I gave up Diet Coke three months ago and it was actually painful. I'll never get off that wagon again, and get hooked on diet sodas. And I don't like regular (aka non-chemical) drinks :)

Walk away from Dr. P. Your regular doc would be proud!

I have it bad. Dr. Pepper that sat in a warm car is still O.K. by me.

I only drink it when driving home and am sleepy...but once in a while I find one sitting around the house (dh buys it), and then I hear my name....But I know my bone density does not need the caffeine...

Thanks.

J

The mere thought of Dr. Pepper ~ and other pop/soft drinks in general ~ just makes me...:ack2: (But I'd by lying if I didn't say a rootbeer float hits the spot now and then.:D) I can only imagine what the stuff does to you. Plus, it tastes disgusting ~ but of course, you must not think so, or you wouldn't be tempted.:)

Visualize the inner workings of your body ~ your God-given, healthy body in its pure, natural state. Think of what a great system you have there. Think of fresh water, fresh air, fresh food. And then visualize this stuff ~ this drug, really. Visualizing it oozing into every corner of your body. Have you ever read Bill Peet's book, The Wump World? Imagine your body, sans Dr. Pepper, as the lovely, green world in which the wumps lived. Then along came those "pot-bellied monsters" from outer space, spewing fumes and paving over everything. Those pot-bellied monsters are the Dr. Peppers personified. Don't let them get you.;)

Real Root Beer from the A&W is good. Otherwise the only soda I like (and calls my name) is Dr. Pepper. I was addicted to it in college, and even though I did not drink it for years, once I had it in the house again, I had to battle it all over again.

Maybe I'll ask dh to stalk something else. It's worth a try.

:) J

Another Dr Pepper addict here. I've been doing Weight Watchers for a few weeks. DP is my greatest downfall. I tell myself I can have one (from Sonic during Happy Hour) once every two weeks. It really helps me be disciplined during the week. There was a day I would have said if you cut my wrists I would bleed DP. :D

Try a good peach iced decaf tea. Even with out sugar it has a refreshingly sweet taste.

Hang in there. Being slimmer has made me feel soooooooooo much better. Lighter, fitter, stronger, healthier. It is worth the sacrifice.

I talk about Dr. Pepper here a lot, because it was my favorite soda when I drank soda. But I don't drink soda IRL anymore, I just pretend here!:tongue_smilie:

Everyone's right, you're so much better off without it! YET, I do confess that when I have a headache it can suddenly turn nasty and caffeine is the only thing that will take it away. So if I'm out and about and it's hot, I'll get a Dr. Pepper. If I'm home I'll make some coffee (I hate that I like the smell AND taste of coffee!). Otherwise I'll start throwing up and be sick for days!

I know, TMI! Sorry!:001_huh:

:iagree: There have been studies linking them to weight gain. I know that sounds crazy, but there have been several of them.

That's right. Moreso than regular soda, crazy as it sounds. The hypothesis is that it has to do with the fact that your tongue tastes "sweet" and goes through certain biochemical reactions via the brain telling the body how to respond to all that "sugar" that you are pouring into your body. It changes how your body regulates intake. It's very strange.

That's right. Moreso than regular soda, crazy as it sounds. The hypothesis is that it has to do with the fact that your tongue tastes "sweet" and goes through certain biochemical reactions via the brain telling the body how to respond to all that "sugar" that you are pouring into your body. It changes how your body regulates intake. It's very strange.

Thank you Pam for the information. I tend to remember that its bad for you to eat and forget why you are not supposed too.

I had my first weight gain in my mid twenties. The only thing that I chaged in my routine was going from regular soda to diet.