Menu

Allergy remedies? Help!

It's usually the spring that I deal with this but lately my allergies have been going nuts. I take Zyrtec in the morning and Benadryl at night and I'm still miserable! The insides of my ears itch, my eyes itch, my mouth itches, my skin itches, everything itches! And I sneeze and sneeze and my nose runs non-stop. Like I said, this happens every spring but now it is starting with the weather changes in the fall.

I've started taking vitamin D and cod liver oil. I've cut way down on sugar and carbs and that seems to help a little. Is there anything else to try?!

I take large doses of vitamin C. It's an antihistamine and helps in cellular repair. You use up more of it when you are under a lot of stress and then need more. (aka "stress kills").

I take 3-4 grams a day and when I have allergies or stress, I take up to 10 grams. That's just me.

If you want more ideas, you can try these, but some suggestions may seem a bit extreme.

http://www.doctoryourself.com/allergies_2.html

For my son I have strengthened his immune system with fish and flax oil, regular vitamins and lots of vitamin C. Increased his exercise and changed his diet to less carbs and more protein and veggies. He seems to be doing a lot better although I'll know more come the beginning of the year, when allergy season is in full force here in California