Menu

Am I ever going to hatch?

Today is my due date. No baby action. Well, except that he is kicking the mess out of my ribs. :tongue_smilie:

At my OB appt yesterday they said I have made zero progress since last week. And I'm measuring big. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday morning to see how big he is, then we'll discuss and decide on a plan. My first son was a week late, had to be induced, and measured big too. Ugh, I was so hoping it would go better this time!

Sometimes they just take their time. It'll happen. Most of my babies were three weeks late. One was almost ten pounds. He was just too comfy.

:eek: Wow! At least I know it won't be that long. I also have gestational diabetes, so the doc had already said they wouldn't go more than a week over even when my measurements were within normal range. Now that he's measuring big, they may not even wait that long.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I hope that, very soon, you will have a happy and healthy baby -- and that he will be living outside of your body. Maybe it's just way too comfy in there, and your babies never want to leave! :001_smile:

Lol, a friend said the same thing to me yesterday - it's just too comfy in there, they don't want to come out!

:grouphug: Sounds like you're over it and ready for this little one to make an appearance.

Remember it's not actually a due date. It's an EDD because it's ESTIMATED. Normal gestation is 37 to 42 weeks. Hope baby decides to arrive soon so you can enjoy a spontaneous labor instead of being induced again.

:grouphug: Sounds like you're over it and ready for this little one to make an appearance.

Remember it's not actually a due date. It's an EDD because it's ESTIMATED. Normal gestation is 37 to 42 weeks. Hope baby decides to arrive soon so you can enjoy a spontaneous labor instead of being induced again.

I've not heard the 37-42range before. Drs should really tell women stuff like that up front so we're prepared. :tongue_smilie:

You're right, I am over it, especially being hot and tired and uncomfortable. I'm also over random strangers saying things like "how many babies are in there" or "I didn't know you could get that big"! :glare: Yes, I'm big, and look even bigger because I'm carrying all in front, so you don't see it until I turn around. But seriously people, would a little tact kill you?