Menu

Smoke is coming out of my ears.

Our "renters" (from here on referred to as the squatters) lied in court today over and over and didn't blink an eye. They are trying to buy some time and find somewhere that will take them.

I am very angry. Could I put something about them on our local Craigslist? Like....if xxx and xxx try to rent from you call me first??? Or post pictures of what they've done to the house?

Our "renters" (from here on referred to as the squatters) lied in court today over and over and didn't blink an eye. They are trying to buy some time and find somewhere that will take them.

I am very angry. Could I put something about them on our local Craigslist? Like....if xxx and xxx try to rent from you call me first??? Or post pictures of what they've done to the house?

No, I wouldn't do that. You don't need a lawsuit for libel (even if you are right, you don't want the hassle). Any decent landlord will want to make contact with you anyway.

How did it matter that they lied? Here there is one question: Are you current in rent? No....out you go (set up Sheriff removal).

I don't know your whole story though. Are these the people who had eight cats? Was this a no-pet residence? Did you take any photos?

Edited by TranquilMind

My friends in the rental business used to talk about a site for owners to go and log info...sort of like a credit bureau for renters.

Anyone ever heard of that?

My friends in the rental business used to talk about a site for owners to go and log info...sort of like a credit bureau for renters.

Anyone ever heard of that?

Yes - it exists. I cannot recall the name of it, but at one point when we were renting a sfh from a woman who was an absolute b*tch, she told us that anything we did that she didn't like, she would put it up on a website that she belonged to where landlords would go to check reports on renters.

And that was precisely the way she described it - a credit bureau for renters.