Menu

Waste of time?

I have done nothing today.

Ok, I cleaned the kitchen, after reading an inspiring post from Kathleen. I made fajitas for dinner. I checked my facebook and found out my son is having a pretty good time on his mission trip. I prayed for several people. I made up a new saying, but it's probably bad. I talked with a mom who wants to offer stable management lessons to homeschoolers. I read 4 chapters of Ella, Enchanted to dd. I did some laundry.

But basically, I've spent the whole day on the Boards.

What did you do today? :D

Tooling around Donna Young's site and downloading her stuff to my new used puter. Read the boards and then read then again. Got my youngest son to make dinner. Read the boards some more. Did a load of towels, flipped my king size mattress....well, Ok, I got my boys to flip my mattress for me :D they enjoyed the bowel of ice cream payoff..... washed my sheets.... read the boards..... went through boxes of books......read the boards.........

I rearranged some things near the top of page three, but that didn't do anything to make the text spill over onto page four, nor even to reach the very bottom of page three.

I also wrote a chatty footnote, but since that's in 10pt font, single spaced, it only brought the bottom of page three up by about two lines.

I knit three rows on the sock I'm working on.

And I made a fair-to-middlin' soup for dinner, chastised my oldest for unauthorized use of pinecones, and rocked my youngest to sleep.

I'm still staring at the bottom of page three.

Let's see...I don't have the baby today, so I slept in until 9:15. Showered, went to Sam's, went to Goodwill, went to Hobby Lobby, came home, cleaned the kitchen, relaxed a bit, went to a workshop on nutrition, came home, had some baked pita chips and salsa and am now watching tv.

Didn't mean to say the boards are a waste of time! I love feeling somewhat useful, and apparently I've been at least slightly helpful to someone, as my rep has gone up substantially!

But now that SWB has asked us to use the boards, I guess I should end this thread! :D

Now, go and help someone figure out their life, homeschooling and all.

We normally don't have a car, but a wonderful friend lent us one for 10 days, so we have been going all over! Today we went to take care of our friends' cats, then to return things to the library and look for books, then to Ross, and Petco to get our doggies some treats. Then to Chipotle to get dd dinner, then to Taco Bell to get me cheap dinner (99 cents & healthy! can't beat that :) ). Then got our doggies and took them to an outdoor mall where doggies are welcome. Then to Sonic to get dd and doggies icecream. This was definitely a dd and doggie day.

Now we are home, where I swore I would not look at the comp (I've only been on for 2 hours, which I consider quite good). I have just realized dd has been piddling around waiting for me, and, feeling guilty & knowing I should get off, I instead suggested she go play gamecube, which she is not allowed to do this late. I think I'm going to have a cookie I shouldn't have and go to bed. Soon. Pretty soon. ;).

Got all the horses in, put a bridle on one and a driving harness on another and let them think about it a few hours. Turned the chickens out. Ran to the farm place, got hay string for the guys, who are mowing, raking and baling hay. Fixed burgers for lunch. Told my dds to do something intelligent. Cleaned the kitchen. Fixed water jugs for the guys in the pastures. Brushed my dear old kitty, who likes help with grooming now that he's older. Watched some LOST. Sent all the children and dh to grandma's for Tuesday night pizza. Went for a ride in the pony cart in the moonlight. Came home. Made children go to bed at ten. Sitting at computer. In other words, wasted the whole day. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

Ok, I cleaned the kitchen, after reading an inspiring post from Kathleen. I made fajitas for dinner. I checked my facebook and found out my son is having a pretty good time on his mission trip. I prayed for several people. I made up a new saying, but it's probably bad. I talked with a mom who wants to offer stable management lessons to homeschoolers. I read 4 chapters of Ella, Enchanted to dd. I did some laundry.

I ended up babysitting 10 kids today...ages 14 - 4. Well...three of them were mine...so they don't really count.

I spent lots of time here in between boiling my chicken, making chicken salad, refereeing the 5 little girls who are 8,8,5,5 and 4!!! Other than that......:lol: I didn't get much done......:D

Tooling around Donna Young's site and downloading her stuff to my new used puter. Read the boards and then read then again. Got my youngest son to make dinner. Read the boards some more. Did a load of towels, flipped my king size mattress....well, Ok, I got my boys to flip my mattress for me :D they enjoyed the bowel of ice cream payoff..... washed my sheets.... read the boards..... went through boxes of books......read the boards.........

If you can...you should really order the cd for her site. The site has nothing on it compared to the CD. If you order it tell her Ginger told you to get it.......She has little hidden things all over the cd. She is such a hoot. Hey...I could have put her in the famous people thread as someone I know....I didn't even think of her......that's bad......:tongue_smilie:

You networked all day...good for you! :D

I power cleaned the entire house, rearranged and organized loads of stuff. Today, I'm baking and grocery shopping while our daughter does laundry.

I find the time I spend on these boards very valuable! :D