Menu

A Child's History of the World by Hillyer

wy_kid_wrangler04

Fwiw, I had a piano songbook in my wishlist for about a year that was priced around $20. Then about a month ago when it was my birthday, I went on Amazon to buy some things from my wishlist and was SHOCKED to discover it was over $200 - and not from just one retailer! I actually expressed my shock on Facebook. Last week, I was perusing my wish list and noticed it was back down to $20 so I promptly bought it. I don't understand why that happens. I'm very cynical, actually and I wonder how and why the pricing gets messed up like that. Anyway, I bought a Child's History of the World on Amazon used and remember it being weird, too. Maybe it will come down for you, too. Good luck! :thumbup:

This happens a lot, it's just something funky in the bookseller's system. It's not Amazon selling it at that price, it's another bookseller selling it through Amazon.

I bought mine from Rainbow Resource.

:iagree: except I bought mine locally from another homeschooler. Look around, you'll find one.

I did know why this happened, can't quite remember now. I have seen books for like £1k on amazon. I think it was mostly supposed something to do with the computers that list the books and some systems automatically work out the value of a book and get it wrong. For other sellers it's a way to suspend the sale of a book if the seller is going to be away. Since no one will buy the random super high priced book among a load of cheap ones.