Menu

Things would be so much nicer....

if my partying neighbors on the other side of the fence blasted music that I actually liked. :tongue_smilie: Would it be rude of me to go over and make a request. :p The guy seems to think he's the neighborhood dj after all. :D hehehehe

How about y'all?? What would make life in your neighborhood nicer?

Ask for Harry Belafonte! (Of course this means that I'm old.) :D

hehehehe I like Harry Belafonte too, but I'm more of a 70's rock kinda girl. :) Now if he would blast some Boston (first album), The Who, Lynryd Skynyrd, Cheap Trick or shoot even some Bee Gees I just might open my windows instead of muttering at him under my breath. :p hehe

We live across from a DJ. I swear some days it's as bad as fraternity row!

I don't really mind that they like to have parties every weekend. They obviously are very social people and they have really expanded their backyard area over the years adding a pool, then a slide to the pool, then a fountain in the pool, and a chickee. I don't mind that at all, it's just the music they play is AWFUL. I will listen to all kinds of stuff, but they guy has an uncanny knack for finding the worst "music" every made and blasts it to the world. :001_huh: Maybe I should go over with my old record collection and school him. :p hehehehe

Neighbors who picked up their dog's poop. We are in a rented townhouse/apartment and the next door neighbors let their dog poop all.over. the common area grass in front of our place. And they leave it there. :glare: It's disgusting, and my kids can't play there. For a week I would go out every other day, collect all the poop from the grass, and put it in a pile on the edge of the walkway. They got the hint...for a while. But it's back to being nasty and unhealthy.

Neighbors who picked up their dog's poop. We are in a rented townhouse/apartment and the next door neighbors let their dog poop all.over. the common area grass in front of our place. And they leave it there. :glare: It's disgusting, and my kids can't play there. For a week I would go out every other day, collect all the poop from the grass, and put it in a pile on the edge of the walkway. They got the hint...for a while. But it's back to being nasty and unhealthy.

:grouphug: Ewww. I hate that too. If people own dogs, they need to be responsible for them and pick up their poo and keep them on a leash when they're out in the neighborhood.

So what does he play? I want to know if I listen to it! Is it the Santana Youtubes I sent you?

No, I like Santana. hehehe Like I said, there are lots of types of music that I will listen to. He plays this stuff, it's kinda like techno, but not really. It's like the worst techno ever and it like cuts in and out so it sounds like his speakers are screwy and the beat is just all screwy and it's just irritating as can be!

if my partying neighbors on the other side of the fence blasted music that I actually liked. :tongue_smilie: Would it be rude of me to go over and make a request. :p The guy seems to think he's the neighborhood dj after all. :D hehehehe

I'm with you on the music. Sometimes our neighbor plays some current stuff that I actually enjoy, but lately there has been a great deal of Stevie Nicks coming over the fence. After about 2 hours of that, listening while the kids play in the pool, I just can't take anymore. I mean, there is only so much edgy anger and angst a girl can take while simultaneously melting in 110 degree weather. :lol:

But, honestly, I am far more bothered by his smoking. I swim laps for exercise now and it is a special kind of disgusting to come up for a good deep breath of air only to instantly realize that the neighbor is out smoking. Cough. Sputter. Cough. :glare: No matter the weather, we seem to always be downwind.

If the neighbors would actually do something about their barking dog instead of just talking about it. So far, their only solution is to bring home a second dog. They can't take care of the first one. They are gone all day long, have two small kids, and their dog does not do well alone by himself, or with another dog. So far, one neighbor has complained, and I keep hoping another will. It won't be us, however; I'm not ready to do that.

On the plus side, the other neighbors think our two dogs are wonderful. They never bark, so they make it look so easy!

I'm with you on the music. Sometimes our neighbor plays some current stuff that I actually enjoy, but lately there has been a great deal of Stevie Nicks coming over the fence. After about 2 hours of that, listening while the kids play in the pool, I just can't take anymore. I mean, there is only so much edgy anger and angst a girl can take while simultaneously melting in 110 degree weather. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

But, honestly, I am far more bothered by his smoking. I swim laps for exercise now and it is a special kind of disgusting to come up for a good deep breath of air only to instantly realize that the neighbor is out smoking. Cough. Sputter. Cough. :glare: No matter the weather, we seem to always be downwind.

:grouphug: Oh I'm sorry you can't get a clean breath of air. My neighbors smoke too and I can smell it wafting over to my house, but they smoke *ahem* a different kind of cigarette. ;)

I would absolutely make a request! Maybe you should be neighborly and give him a new CD or 2 for Christmas, lol.

ROFL He would probably play it and think to himself, "What is this crap!! This lady has no taste in music!" and go right back to playing his ear violating stuff.