Menu

A new IPad App for homeschoolers is available

Mona

I bought it. It is pretty, but the lesson planning part only does basi lesson 1-? No two part lessons or anything I can see. If the planning did more it would be awesome. It is super pretty and laid out well. I like it for a reading log and field trip log... :001_smile:

I bought it last night and starting filling in the basic info. I'll fill in reading lists and start entering lesson plans later today. Dd doesn't use Lesson 1, Lesson 2... type curricula. I may just schedule assessments instead of lesson.

If Dd decides to apply to a competitive high school, I'll need to provide a report card. Using this app to keep track of grades will be so much easier than going backwards through my paper planning book!

Somewhere on their website bumping lessons is specifically addressed, but I'm not sure if it was in one of the videos or in the FAQ.

What do you mean by marking days off? Completed lessons? Or for attendance or something else?

Did you watch the videos? I watched them all before buying the app.

Somewhere on their website bumping lessons is specifically addressed, but I'm not sure if it was in one of the videos or in the FAQ.

What do you mean by marking days off? Completed lessons? Or for attendance or something else?

Did you watch the videos? I watched them all before buying the app.

For marking day off, I mean scheduling holidays and vacations so when I do a lesson plan it would skip those days.

Hmmmmm. videos. Perhaps I should watch them. :lol:

No two part lessons or anything I can see. If the planning did more it would be awesome. It is super pretty and laid out well. I like it for a reading log and field trip log... :001_smile:

I've been checking this out and watching the videos. What is meant by "two part lessons"? Looks like there is just a one line description for a given lesson per day---is that correct?

E.g., in math we may do 1 lesson in Right Start and then also some workbook pages in Singapore CWP. I guess I'd have to create a separate math lesson for that day for each RS and CWP---they wouldn't just show up on separate lines of the same day or same lesson???

For marking day off, I mean scheduling holidays and vacations so when I do a lesson plan it would skip those days.

Hmmmmm. videos. Perhaps I should watch them. :lol:

Can't do this yet... I emailed the developer this morning. To their credit, they had a super-speedy response:-). They are working on it, but are just a husband and wife team so even though they are updating, don't expect HST+ by next week, lol. But, for something basic, get the job done, and for the $, they have a great start.

I am still sulking about Well-Planned Day, but this was a little breath of fresh air. Thanks to the OP for mentioning it!

Can't do this yet... I emailed the developer this morning. To their credit, they had a super-speedy response:-). They are working on it, but are just a husband and wife team so even though they are updating, don't expect HST+ by next week, lol. But, for something basic, get the job done, and for the $, they have a great start.

I am still sulking about Well-Planned Day, but this was a little breath of fresh air. Thanks to the OP for mentioning it!

Thanks for the response. After a summer of trying every digital planner out there, I feel like it has become a compulsion to try everything! :lol:

And I hear ya about being disappointed in WPD :( I had such high hopes...

I got this yesterday and really like it so far. I'm not planning to use it for lessons at this point, and minimally for grades (since I dont think I'll have many), but it is great for attendance and looks great for field trips and reading log. I am excited to see all that it can do as I go along.