Menu

Natalieclare just left my house ...

and it left me wondering how many of YOU know each other IRL? Natalieclare and I have been friends for almost 20 years, since our college days. We've gone through getting married, having babies, homeschooling, tough family relationships, moving, and MORE together. She and her three youngest stopped by for a few hours this afternoon; they live about an hour and a half from where I live. She's the one that told me about this site -- who else of y'all are friends IRL?

and it left me wondering how many of YOU know each other IRL? Natalieclare and I have been friends for almost 20 years, since our college days. We've gone through getting married, having babies, homeschooling, tough family relationships, moving, and MORE together. She and her three youngest stopped by for a few hours this afternoon; they live about an hour and a half from where I live. She's the one that told me about this site -- who else of y'all are friends IRL?

How cool! I hope you had a great visit. She's one of my favorite avatars. :D

I know UrbanMom...she is my sister and I am the big sister in her avatar. She is the fat baby. Wouldn't you know though..she turned out taller and thinner than me! :confused:

We are both homeschooling!

That's neat! My sister would sooner poke her eyes out than homeschool, so I'm always extra excited for people who have supportive, much less like-minded, family! :)

jail warden, Jean in IN and I are great friends here in Indiana. :) We email about daily, talk on the phone often and get together (between field trips, mom's night out and other stuff) several times a month. Jail warden and I attend the same church, too.

I've been unloading the car, pushing the baby on the swing, fixing swimsuit straps, switching the loads of laundry, folding the laundry, reheating pizza, talking with Charles about life, and doing lots of other little things usually done with Grace and Sophia's assistance. I miss my girls already, though Charles is stepping up nicely!

Darla, that was such a marvelous visit today. Very relaxing. And how delightful to hold that sweet little babe. Axel is making me baby hungry--mmm-mmm.

And anyone fortunate enough to live anywhere near Muffinmom is in for a real treat. ;) (pun intended).

Thinking about the wonderful connections I have has got me humming "reach out, reach out and touch someone..." :D

I met Kim in Appalachia back in college and she's been a wonderful friend for 20 years. We don't visit often anymore (live 10 hours apart) but we talk frequently on the phone. She was the first homeschooler I ever knew.

I've met Johanna. We started going to her church at Christmastime but didn't meet until just this past week.

Carolyn

How cool that you guys have remained friends so long and that your lives are so similar.

I've met several moms from this board and, even when we didn't have a lot in common, we had a lot in common. :lol::lol:

Well, I really got a good laugh over the "similar lives" comment, Amy. When Darla first started homeschooling, there was NO WAY I was going to join those ranks. Uh-uh. I was happy to support her, I just didn't want one ounce of pressure to do it myself. We actually had to have a discussion at one point, (hope you don't mind me sharing, Darla dear!) agreeing to trust each other to listen to the Holy Spirit and let Him direct our lives even if He leads us down different paths. I would listen to God, but I'm too stubborn sometimes to listen to mere mortals. 'Course, eventually I've ended up traveling down the same paths as Darla. She's such a pioneer with big big faith. I'm glad we're in similar places now, but I'm equally glad we kept our friendship strong through the dissimilar times. I'm a long-haul kind of friend. :D

Will I shock you if I tell you I don't even remember that?! (The part about having to have a discussion about letting each make their own decisions, in the context of homeschooling.) I believe you -- because when I got convicted of something back then I thought it was right for everyone, pretty much -- but I don't remember it. Well, all the same (and with no pride at all; I see that signature tag; okay no pride in THIS anyway, lol), I'm glad you're homeschooling after all! :)

And anyone fortunate enough to live anywhere near Muffinmom is in for a real treat. ;) (pun intended).

:lol:

I just found out that I know lovemywhirlygirls--she lives nearby and our kids took swim lessons together. She's the one who clued me in to the WTM boards. I am forever in her debt!