Menu

I think I need my DH to build the base for this bed

We just purchased an XL twin mattress for oldest dd (so she would have more room in her tiny apartment bedroom-- she previously had a queen bed).

The store said that XL twins were becoming more popular as 2 fit perfectly on King bed frames. (Most King beds have separate box springs anyways!). This means you do NOT have to get a custom frame made!

The separate upper mattresses keep everyone happy-- no extra movement, you can opt for your own covers but 'one' bedspread when made...

Regular twin mattresses are too short for most adults...

Yes, we would opt for the XL. DH is 6' tall.

We have been talking about two twins for a while now.

We just purchased an XL twin mattress for oldest dd (so she would have more room in her tiny apartment bedroom-- she previously had a queen bed).

The store said that XL twins were becoming more popular as 2 fit perfectly on King bed frames. (Most King beds have separate box springs anyways!). This means you do NOT have to get a custom frame made!

The separate upper mattresses keep everyone happy-- no extra movement, you can opt for your own covers but 'one' bedspread when made...

Regular twin mattresses are too short for most adults...

I have heard you can still feel the other person move, even thought it is less than a reg. mattress. I don't want to feel ANYTHING as I am a super light sleeper.

Can you feel it at all?

I am thinking of two XL twin tempurpedic mattresses.

That's what you get when you buy a king size sleep number bed. It's 2 twins put together. It was definitely the best purchase DH and I have made in our entire marriage. We considered buying 2 twins before opting for the sleep number.

It is great not feeling DH move around at night-- great for DH too as lately I've had some restless leg issues.

With side by side twin mattresses you would be pretty isolated-- especially with one of these (type).

(When we got our mattress a few years ago Comforpedic was a little less expensive and did not sleep as 'hot' as Tempurpedic mattresses).

We have been VERY VERY pleased with our investment.