Menu

We need some new music for the car...

About two years ago, I got tired of constantly being innundated by noise everywhere all the time. (I'm extremely sensitive to noise.) These days, we don't turn on the radio or cds in the car. We either talk or the kids read & it's just quiet. I love it.

(I know this is a radical idea, but I just had to toss it out there. ;):lol:)

Well typically we do radio or audio books when the music CDs get boring. BUT, next week is my sister's wedding. I expect we'll be traveling half an hour from hotel to location multiple times. I don't want an audio book for those times. I doubt the radio is great there because it's in the middle of nowhere.

What about jazz? Yesterday on the way to the park, we were listening to some big band, stuff I played in high school and college. Maynard Ferguson usually keeps the kids awake. Sometimes I pull up old drum corps shows on YouTube on my phone and play it through the car speakers.

I'm really wanting to get the soundtrack from The Muppets for car trips, too.

We often do music from Broadway musicals. If you need shorter stuff for 30 minute jaunts, you could get a "Best of..." CD -- we have a couple different "Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber" CDs and they are kid-friendly, upbeat, good driving music.

We bought them ages ago, so I'm not sure of names/titles, but anything along those lines tends to be fun. And then full musical sound tracks for long trips.