Menu

For better or worse I am going back to school!

I posted a long while ago about my struggles in my mind with going back for my Master's in Nursing/midwifery. I took 44 credits in 12 months for my Bachelor's in order to move straight on for my MSN and then DH decided he didn't want me to go, worried about money, finding enough clients afterwards, homeschooling, working....etc, etc... all the things I need to balance on my plate.

The next application date for the school I wanted to attend was due August 10th and all I needed to do was send in my final transcripts. I have carried them in my purse for the last week or so and waivering back and forth but really wanting to just do it and thinking I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't.

Then at work the other day I got the last little push I needed. I had a patient who was being induced and I took over at 3pm. To make a long story short, at 3pm, she was just starting to dilate and the provider had plans to head out of town so she got a C-section...don't get me started!!! I was so angry I thought I was going to cry and I was shaking when I came home that night, still mad. The bad thing is, this happens all.the.time!!! I hit the fax start button so fast I thought it would start on fire! I came home and told my husband that I just can't do that anymore. I can't stand to sit back and watch as people get unneeded major surgery just to accomodate a provider's schedule. I have seen it happen for manicure dates, T-times, etc.

It makes me SICK!!! So, I either need to find another job or go to school. I can't imagine myself doing anything but OB nursing so off to school I go. I can't change the way other providers practice for their patients, I can only change it for the patients that choose me as their provider. Even just typing this out makes me shake with anger! So in the words of Ghandi...I am going to be the change I want to see in the world. Thankfully, my husband isn't mad and understands me.

:grouphug:

Good for you! I always speculated my first was a c-section because of a golf game. They said it was because she was 9 lbs.

Son was also 9lbs but I had a midwife in my corner. Also had a midwife for #3. Two very successful VBACs because of those lovely ladies!