Menu

Anyone gotten pregnant with dh with low sp*rm count?

Please share any success stories that you know of. Here's to me wishing, wishing, wishing.... :001_huh:

DH's sperm don't swim - there are lots of them, but they are lazy. Two of them must have taken lessons though; it took eight years for Calvin to come along and three and a half for Hobbes.

Best wishes

Laura

Well, not me, a good friend. Her dh had testicular cancer and one testicle was removed. Wasn't supposed to have anymore kids. And they didn't for a long time. But, low and behold - they have two more wonderful dd's. Totally unexpected. Surprise!

Not low count, but low T. So low we were told we couldn't have any dc. So low, in fact, that the dr went quite pale when he read the results.

It took us over a yr of trying (before the diagnosis) to get pg w/ #3, so we figured it was relatively recent.

Here I am, though, 9mos pg w/ #4 only 15mos after #3 when we were using bc. :blink:

We were told (after about 2 1/2 years of "trying") that dh had a low sperm count. I still think the lab must have dropped the ball on this one though, because about 6 months later I was pregnant (with no medical intervention). After ds #1 was born, I didn't use any contraceptives because I just assumed it was a fluke the first time. Lo and behold, 18 months later ds #2 was born. After that, we decided we were having tons of fun, and the more the merrier! 16 months later, ds #3 was born. After that, there was spacing of about 2 years between #3, #4, and #5. All in all, we had 5 babies in 7 years and 1 month, all with a sperm count that my OB/GYN said would *never* result in a pregnancy.

WHEW!!

So yes, it can certainly happen. :D

My dh's count was low oncce. We took him to a urologist who put him on antibiotics under the idea that he could have prostatitis. Then his count went way up.

Another thing that matters..give at the actual facility. My dh's counts are way higher when done at the facility than when done at home and transported.