Menu

Do you stalk your mailperson and/or delivery people?

I ordered some curriculum the other day and now every time the mail goes or the UPS or FedEX truck drives by, I rush to the door to see what I got! :lol: Am I alone in this or are others as addicted to new curricula as I am?

On a side note, the boys are going to Camp Grammy's for a few weeks in August so I'll have plenty of peace and quiet to get the planning done. :D

Are you kidding? My husband and I both went running down the driveway yesterday when we heard Charlie's truck at the curb. Charlie is our UPS guy.

We know our mail carriers, too, but that's because it's a small town and they've been delivering our mail 6 days a week for 13 years. We like them, but the whole family doesnt pounce on them when they come to the door... Too many "false alarms" with bills and circulars and other non-curriculum stuff. :lol:

I've only lived in the area for a few months, so we're still getting to know one another. The UPS guy where we were previously stationed actually knew me by name. He would bring the heavier boxes into the house if I was home and I would tease him about how the neighbors would talk because DH was deployed! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean.

Our mail carrier knows my son by name because we meet her at the mailbox when we hear her coming. She hands him the mail and he says, "Gank you!" in his adorable little voice.

When I hear the UPS or FedEx guy coming I sometimes meet him at the sidewalk so he won't have to dodge the toys in the entryway. Or, the the case of the FedEx guy, so he won't toss my package against the wall by the door rather than setting it down nicely.:glare:

Yesterday's haul was Miquon Math (for me) and Derek Owens Alg. 1, 2nd Semester (for my tutoring student).:001_smile:

I can recognize the sound of the truck. I track everything so I know exactly when it's "out for delivery". Most of my boxes have been coming USPS (no Prime) and my dog alerts me to the mailman's presence.

I ordered two desks last week from Staples. They came by Staples courier, which I thought was the coolest things, like a private driver for my stuff. I live way out, I doubt many people were ordering from Staples twice last week in my area.