Menu

I need a dog toy .........

I have a puppy.

He is smart.

I have him leashed near me all day (so he doesn't get into trouble) and he really doesn't like the crate. He sleeps in the crate, and gets a decent walk in the AM and good walk in the PM.

He is bored. I need a toy for him. Right now he is tossing his rawhide bone and "finding" it.

He needs something that is a smart toy, that he doesn't run around with.

suggestions?????????

I was sort of thinking about the food trap thingy, but it is expensive and I had zero luck with it and another dog.

I have a puppy.

He is smart.

I have him leashed near me all day (so he doesn't get into trouble) and he really doesn't like the crate. He sleeps in the crate, and gets a decent walk in the AM and good walk in the PM.

He is bored. I need a toy for him. Right now he is tossing his rawhide bone and "finding" it.

He needs something that is a smart toy, that he doesn't run around with.

suggestions?????????

I was sort of thinking about the food trap thingy, but it is expensive and I had zero luck with it and another dog.

Jed likes his Kong filled with food and sealed with peanut butter.

Jed likes his Kong filled with food and sealed with peanut butter.

after you pack it with peanut butter, freeze it. Makes it last longer.

Also, get some shank or knuckle beef bones and freeze them. They last a long time that way, and are great for teething.

Oh, and antlers are great too.

astrid

Alright I can look at kongs tomorrow, and I am off to check out what a corgi is!

Lara

Another vote for Kongs. They come in all sizes and the better you pack the snack inside the longer it takes for puppy to extract it which means he is occupied - and it's fun to watch. :001_smile:

Get him a Corgi. It's what entertains my puppies! :D

astrid

Ok, I rarely laugh out loud. Thanks... I'm waiting for her to find out what it is...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please realize we are laughing WITH you. :lol:

I put hard dog food with some water into the kong. I used 3 of the large ones. I fed my dog twice a day with these. (Oh yes, freeze in the freezer) Each kong gave me 15 minutes of him being busy. I can't do peanut butter as we have allergies in our house to it.

Each are $20 for the black ones, if I remember correctly.

Antlers are incredible. We got HUGE ones at the knife show... (that were untreated) We did a trade for them, otherwise they probably would have been $25 a piece at least!

Just getting them tired really helps...

And feeding raw is the best for chewing... but that's another thread ;)

I could bring him a brother to play with! The last three pups were all out this morning in one of the meadows, having an adventure. Yesterday, they were sacked out in the middle of the sheep pens, all sleeping on top of each other.

'cause that's what I need, more puppies!! This one is quite enough for us!