Menu

Electric pencil sharpeners

I am so tired of buying a new one every single year because they stop working. We bought a couple from Wal-mart. We bought what appeared to be a heavy duty one from Sams Club. We bought one from Office Max (exacto) ALL in the last 3 years (5 electric sharpeners) What one can I buy that will last longer than 9months to a year??? I am so tired of wasting money on these! UGH

You have to try this one! I am so in love with this pencil sharpener. I am getting to ready to write a review but I absolutely LOVE it! The customer service is excellent, it was made by a teacher and it works better then any other sharpener that I have ever used. Worth every penny and then some!

It's from Classroom Friendly Supplies

Others here have talked about it on here and raved about it as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You have to try this one! I am so in love with this pencil sharpener. I am getting to ready to write a review but I absolutely LOVE it! The customer service is excellent, it was made by a teacher and it works better then any other sharpener that I have ever used. Worth every penny and then some!

:iagree:

I love it so much I took it with me when we were evacuated.

Oh, I would totally do that to! I love the new fire engine RED color he has coming out. Oh, maybe I will give my green one as a giveaway and order RED for myself. :001_smile:

While others are out shopping for school supplies, you really should consider putting this on your list.

Oh, I would totally do that to! I love the new fire engine RED color he has coming out. Oh, maybe I will give my green one as a giveaway and order RED for myself. :001_smile:

While others are out shopping for school supplies, you really should consider putting this on your list.

Thanks for posting about the red one! I was looking at these and thinking they looked great. Hope the red one's available soon.

Is that electric? :confused:

We're still using my fake woodgrain Panasonic Auto-stop that I got in 1987. Hopefully, it has a few more decades in it!

:lol: My husband's fake woodgrain Panasonic Auto-stop from 1987 was just retired here. It stopped sharpening evenly--it leaves wood on half the lead.

Well, no I actually missed the "electric" part of the question but I still think it's a great sharpener. :D

We have also been frustrated by all pencil sharpeners we've tried. I'm encouraged by your positive reviews. This sharpener says that it can be mounted or portable. If you use it portably, is it difficult to use? Do you have to hold it still with one hand while trying to sharpen with the other?

Thanks!

We have also been frustrated by all pencil sharpeners we've tried. I'm encouraged by your positive reviews. This sharpener says that it can be mounted or portable. If you use it portably, is it difficult to use? Do you have to hold it still with one hand while trying to sharpen with the other?

Thanks!

Yes, I use two hands and mine is not mounted. You have to pull the front plate out, press the button to open it and then put your pencil in and let go of the button. I steady it with my right hand on top and turn the crank with my left. Takes literally about 3 seconds to have a perfectly sharpened pointy pencil. It's so pretty! :001_smile: And for the price of $24.99 I think it's a great deal. It looks great, works fantastic and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. You won't be replacing this each year either and I think he's offering free shipping. I will post my review soon - so you can see it in action but he asked me to wait since he's low on stock. Review or not, this sharpener, imo is the best out there!

Having worked in a school where we went through dozens of electric sharpeners of various brands, I refuse to get sucked in by buying one that costs actual money.

We have a neon cheapie one from Staples that I think was about $5. We've been really happy with it and it has now lasted nearly a year. No plug, but the batteries haven't run out yet. And if I'm ever not happy with it, hey, I'm not out much money.

We've used an iPoint Evolution for a couple years now. When a relative killed it (jammed a damaged pencil into it) I promptly bought another just like it. Online they seem to go for $30something; I bought my last one at Costco for $20.

Really? That is love!;) Too funny. Well, I'm sold. We have to replace ours. My boys use a pencil sharpener like no one else I know. They actually carry our electric (dying) one around the house so it can be readily accessible at all times!

I'm not kidding.