Menu

Has anyone done Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution?

LizzyBee

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am doing this. I was just searching to see if anyone else was trying it. I am about to start week 3. I do like it more than her other dvd's, there are more people, and she is less annoying. As far as results, it is a little early to tell, but I feel great.

i like her -- i like some sections/levels of some dvds better than others. I have to avoid lateral knee movements.

I really like her 30 day shred with weights, and levels 1 and 3 of 30 day shred.

I like Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism -- and there is another one but I cannot remember the name of it.

I think she is funny -- i guess i have a love-hate relationship with her. Anyone who can get me to work out at the level she can is okay in my book.;)

I just made it to level 3 of 30 day shred. I am still torn. I want body revolution, but it's hard to justify the cost when I can get some of her workouts on youtube for free and her dvds are really cheap. I want a heart rate monitor that costs over $100, so I'm thinking I should just keep doing the free and cheap workouts so I can get the hrm. Maybe I'll wait and get body revolution for Christmas.

I feel like a Jillian junkie. I get her newsletter, I'm reading her books, I watch Losing It with Jillian and Daily Dose on youtube, and some days I am tempted to work out twice (which would probably NOT be good for my knees). I have despised exercise all my life until the past month of 30 day shred. I would have never guessed I would be working out so hard and LIKING it. She's kind of like the Amy the Tiger Mom - she pushes people so that THEY will learn what they are capable of and be empowered, not to be mean.

I was doing T-Tapp before, and I learned a lot about how to move my body correctly. But I wasn't getting the results I wanted, probably because I plateaued. With 30 day shred, I'm starting to get that sculpted look, and I'm still size 6 at a weight that was size 10 for me in the past. With TTapp, I was still wearing size 6 but really needed to move up to size 8, but with 30DS, my sixes are comfortable again. My waist/hip ratio has dropped from 90% to 84%. The safe zone is 80% or less, so I have 4% to go. I'm an apple shape, so belly fat has always been my biggest issue wrt weight gain.

Edited by LizzyBee

DO NOT WORK OUT TWICE IN ONE DAY!!!!!!!!:glare:

Ask me how I know that we should not do that.:glare:

Not a Jillian DVD anyway -- maybe jillian and leslie sansone but not two jillian dvds. It has taken my knees almost a year to recover from doing that - i did it last summer for about 6 weeks.

I now have raging bursitis in my right knee -- nothing lateral and NO overdoing.

Not a Jillian DVD anyway -- maybe jillian and leslie sansone but not two jillian dvds. It has taken my knees almost a year to recover from doing that - i did it last summer for about 6 weeks.

I now have raging bursitis in my right knee -- nothing lateral and NO overdoing.

Thanks for the warning. I'm sorry that happened to you. :grouphug:

So I take it you haven't had any issues with doing weight training on back to back days?

No, I haven't. I read that muscles need 24-48 hours to recover, which is probably why I was so sore after Day 2; I did Day 1 in the evening and Day 2 the next morning. So now, I try to always do it in the evening so that my workouts are about 24 hours apart.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the plunge and order Body Revolution! I can't wait for it to get here!

I am still doing 30 Day Shred. It took awhile, but I am finally losing weight. Oh, and I had to back off to every other day, because my left knee was bothering me. It's getting better now with the new routine.

• 1 month later...

I sometimes work out twice a day, but I don't have knee problems.

I sometimes work out twice a day, but I don't have knee problems.

I find it ironic that I posted this last night, and this morning I hurt my knee. It wasn't from doing two workouts though. It was just one. A very hard one. If you think Jillian's yoga is hard do not attempt dvds from Ballet Body.

Is there anyone using this that has an update or review? :D

I bought Body Revolution, but my schedule keeps getting derailed so I'm not doing it as regularly as I should. It's similar to her other workouts except that there's a 3-day rotation of working front, back, and cardio. Ideally, you work out six days a week, so you have two days of front, two days of back, and two days of cardio each week, plus a rest day. For cardio, I've been doing c25k instead of the BR dvds.

I also haven't used the diet plan that comes with Body Revolution. I eat a lot of healthy food, but I cheat a lot. Bottom line is I'm still gaining weight. Even when I eat right and exercise like crazy, I still gain weight or don't lose any, so I get discouraged and cheat. I'm 48 yo and I know my hormones are messed up; and I drink more coffee than before to fight cancer fatigue, which in turn messes up my sleep cycle. So I know all of that is making it hard for me to lose weight. I only want to lose about 7 lbs, but I keep gaining instead. So frustrating, although I am happy that my fitness is improving.

I find it ironic that I posted this last night, and this morning I hurt my knee. It wasn't from doing two workouts though. It was just one. A very hard one. If you think Jillian's yoga is hard do not attempt dvds from Ballet Body.

I'm doing the yoga a couple evenings a week. I have other evening workouts going on other evenings. And I run 30 minutes every morning. Hoping to bump that up to 45 by the end of the month.

Anyway I thought I was going to die the first time I did the yoga. But now I kind of look forward to it.

I know. Sick. Right?

• 1 month later...