Menu

June Crafters Update

Hubby is away so I can't get him to transfer my photos off my new camera onto my computer, <insert fluttering eyelashes> because I'm an old fogie and can't work these things out for myself any more. :blushing:

But, I did do some stuff this month! I finished off two quilt patches for a quilt I have been making for my brother for, oh, six years. AND (I rekon I deserve applause for this) I completely finished a UFO! Yeah, how it has taken me four or five years to get around to putting edges on a hook rug, I don't know. I can't think of an excuse, so it must just be laziness! Anyway, one less UFO in this system is a marvellous thing :D

What about you chickies?

Rosie

Well, I joined Nerd Wars on Ravelry so I got a lot done. I made socks in the shape of bloodcells for my younger dd, two hats, worked on my younger dd's skirt and made a baby hat for someone I know who is having a baby.

I also spun a lot getting ready for Tour de Fleece (which is where you spin every day that they ride in the Tour de France.) I made some funky yellow yarn, some pretty purple/yellow yarn and some awesome pink stuff then started working with long stripes which I plan to ply this month.

I can't wait to find out what the categories are for Nerd Wars this month and get going on new projects.:001_smile:

Hubby is away so I can't get him to transfer my photos off my new camera onto my computer, <insert fluttering eyelashes> because I'm an old fogie and can't work these things out for myself any more. :blushing:

But, I did do some stuff this month! I finished off two quilt patches for a quilt I have been making for my brother for, oh, six years. AND (I rekon I deserve applause for this) I completely finished a UFO! Yeah, how it has taken me four or five years to get around to putting edges on a hook rug, I don't know. I can't think of an excuse, so it must just be laziness! Anyway, one less UFO in this system is a marvellous thing :D

What about you chickies?

Rosie

You go! I'm so impressed with how much you finished, especially the UFO!:party:

Well, I joined Nerd Wars on Ravelry so I got a lot done. I made socks in the shape of bloodcells for my younger dd, two hats, worked on my younger dd's skirt and made a baby hat for someone I know who is having a baby.

I also spun a lot getting ready for Tour de Fleece (which is where you spin every day that they ride in the Tour de France.) I made some funky yellow yarn, some pretty purple/yellow yarn and some awesome pink stuff then started working with long stripes which I plan to ply this month.

I can't wait to find out what the categories are for Nerd Wars this month and get going on new projects.:001_smile:

Blood cell socks? Very intriguing. And I need to go check what the heck the Nerd Wars is all about.:auto:

Have to post pics later but finished a hat. This was the month between projects which translates into looking through all my old knit magazines and checking out all the knit books from the library to find my next project. I did get my stash organized according to color but am going to redo it according to size. I'm gearing up for Christmas Presents...hats for everyone, small coin purses for girls. 1 down, lots to go.

Blood cell socks? Very intriguing. And I need to go check what the heck the Nerd Wars is all about.:auto:

The pattern is called V-Junkie and it was the quickest I have ever knit socks. It was so easy with slipped stitches and short row heels. I think it took me 8 days to do a pair on magic loop and it usually takes me 3 weeks to make a pair.

Nerd Wars is fun. You can join teams at the beginning of each tournament. We are in tournament 5 and starting round 2. You can join as a Ninja anytime. It's fun because the teams are based on various nerdoms like 211B for Sherlock Holmes, Club 33 for anything owned by Disney including Marvel comics, Space Alliance (anything that happens in space), One More Page for booklovers, etc.

There are 6 challenges each month and you can spin, knit, weave or crochet a project for them. You get extra points if you can tie it back to your team. :001_smile:

I've got a UFO quilt. I NEED to finish this! I am just uninspired by it and out of the fabric line anyways.

I made a baby quilt for my friend, quilted placemats for DS friends' b-day, working on my dad's patriotic quilt for his bday next weekend (yikes I'm cutting it close on this).

I ordered fabric for more curtains, quilt for nephew, and SIL.

The pattern is called V-Junkie and it was the quickest I have ever knit socks. It was so easy with slipped stitches and short row heels. I think it took me 8 days to do a pair on magic loop and it usually takes me 3 weeks to make a pair.

Great pattern! But whoa are you fast! I manage a single sock a month.

The attached photo shows the voile skirt I made using Anna Maria Horner's tutorial. I lined my Androsia Batik with batiste. Later I saw a photo in the AMH Flickr photo pool in which someone used an alternate voile for the lining to make a reversible skirt.

The sock is the first using a Ravelry pattern. This is for my son who liked the bamboo look.

My other project came from the Ottobre Spring/Summer 2012 pattern magazine, a knit shirt that required lots of staring. I should have trusted that all would be well because it was. (Sorry no photo because I don't want to model. ;) )

Don't mind me, I'm just a Crafter's thread stalker. But I had to give you this, Rose! :hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Thank you very much. I totally deserved all those smilies.

:biggrinjester:

Those Nerd wars sound like good fun! I'd love to see what the Space Alliance is knitting up coz I'm reading about cosmology and quantum physics atm. :blink:

C'mon Lisamarie! Jean will post hurray smilies for you if you work on your quilt too! :D

Rosie

Rosie! Awesome finishing up those UFOS!

As usual, I got my sewing projects done and into a box and mailed off before I remembered to take a picture.

I sewed up some PJ's for several grandchildren and knit a scarf for my DD.

The scarf was made out of some new yarn I found while at a Craft's Direct in Minnesota. (Love that store. Wish there was one here.)

It is called Starbella. I showed 3 pictures that are like the scarves that I made this month, but they are online pics, not mine.

I was thrilled to come across an old bib pattern (Has sleeves) that I had misplaced for several years.

With a new grandbaby on the way, I am helping sewing cloth diaper liners. Next up is to figure out how to make her some burp cloths, flannel blankets and crochet an afghan in some neutral colors. Mommy to be is currently saying she isn't going to tell us the sex, so just go with some gender neutral colors. (Teal, taupe and some greens.) I am looking thru afghan patterns hoping to get inspired and hoping she changes her mind. :001_smile:

Sigh. I just love looking at all your pictures every month, even if I am like Rosie and technically challenged about loading my pics onto the computer! Someday I'll update here...

Jane, I love that skirt.

Let's see, what have I done. I finally finished the purple crocheted-motif shawl I posted a pic of a few months ago. I finished applique-ing some potholders - now I just have to stitch the fabric into potholders, and line them with wool blanket pieces I found at a thrift store (well, a big blanket for $2). I knit a striped cotton doll blanket for my daughter. I designed and made a card for my in-laws' 50th anniversary - it had paper squares and circles of pinked cloth and sequins with beads sewn on - I have never worked so long on a card, and it was fun! I also made the cake for the party - everyone seemed to like it - chocolate carrot cake. And I designed and made one of those flag-banner thingys for the party. Gold paint, stencils...now I just need to finish the knitted pillow covers I've been working on since December...