Menu

What else can go wrong?

About a month ago, after some really bad storms, a huge branch fell on dh's truck, shattering the windshield and denting the cab. We sold it because it would have cost more to fix it than it was worth. Last week, while I was on my way to class, someone coming the other direction, crossed the center line, hit my car, taking off my mirror and dragging it down the whole length of the car. I know it could have been much worse BUT their insurance company is denying the claim. The witness wasn't a very good witness and the other people are lying about what happened.

On the day of my accident, our dog killed the two baby bunnies we were watching in the field. Yesterday, my oldest ds left his turtle outside in 100 degree heat and, of course, it died. Today my dd broke a large glass measuring cup in the sink, on the side with the garbage disposal. I cut my hand several times trying to get the glass out. It's still full of glass.

Sigh......I know, in the grand scheme of things, it's all not that big of a deal. Add to that the horrible stress my marriage is under right now and I'm just at a loss. Sigh.........

:grouphug:

If you want a good laugh:

We had a rat (yes, a rat!) climb into our a/c unit. He was electrocuted, which shorted out the unit.

So never ask what else can go wrong. There are plenty of bizarre possibilities. :lol:

(On the plus side, we were fearing it was the compressor and thought it would cost $$$$ to fix. As far as home repair issues go, a rat taking out your a/c is fairly affordable.)

But I feel for you. I have been having one of those years where I just don't think I can take one more thing.

About a month ago, after some really bad storms, a huge branch fell on dh's truck, shattering the windshield and denting the cab. We sold it because it would have cost more to fix it than it was worth. Last week, while I was on my way to class, someone coming the other direction, crossed the center line, hit my car, taking off my mirror and dragging it down the whole length of the car. I know it could have been much worse BUT their insurance company is denying the claim. The witness wasn't a very good witness and the other people are lying about what happened.

On the day of my accident, our dog killed the two baby bunnies we were watching in the field. Yesterday, my oldest ds left his turtle outside in 100 degree heat and, of course, it died. Today my dd broke a large glass measuring cup in the sink, on the side with the garbage disposal. I cut my hand several times trying to get the glass out. It's still full of glass.

Sigh......I know, in the grand scheme of things, it's all not that big of a deal. Add to that the horrible stress my marriage is under right now and I'm just at a loss. Sigh.........

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm so sorry. Can you use a vacuum cleaner or shop vac hose to get the glass out??

The last 7 years have been epic around here. I won't go into to details...I don't want to "win" at losing. The upside...we are actually learning to be more patient with life, and that's been quite helpful. We actually CAN handle much more than we ever realized.

Geo

We had a rat (yes, a rat!) climb into our a/c unit. He was electrocuted, which shorted out the unit.

So never ask what else can go wrong. There are plenty of bizarre possibilities. :lol:

(On the plus side, we were fearing it was the compressor and thought it would cost $$$$ to fix. As far as home repair issues go, a rat taking out your a/c is fairly affordable.)

:smilielol5:

But I feel for you. I have been having one of those years where I just don't think I can take one more thing.

Thanks for the laugh!!

One of my favorite movie lines is from Disney's Tarzan. Jane is hanging between two trees and says "it cahn't get any worse, cahn it?" It starts to pour and she says "obviously it cahn!" I feel like that's our life these days! :lol:

And truly, I know there are much worse things that could happen (because they HAVE happened in recent years!) It just feels like things pile up sometimes, YK? Especially things that require money I don't have!

We had that happen with ants.

When it rains it pours eh? Is there someone at your insurance company that can deal with the other drivers insurance?

They're looking into it. There was a witness, but his testimony has been thrown out. His description of the vehicles was vague. Honestly, he didn't hang around. He checked to make sure I was ok and that the other car was turning around. Then he left. It just galls me that they are LYING!! Oh well. It's only money right? I knew there was a reason we didn't go with a high deductible. Because of the storms we had several weeks ago (LOTS of hail) I won't be able to get the car into the body shop til the first week in August. The good part about that is, I won't need a car that week so we won't be out of pocket for a rental like we would be for the next 5 weeks. (I'm taking a class.)