Menu

Has anyone seen Hancock? Get Smart? Reviews?

We're thinking of taking our 12 and 14yos to see either one of these today. I've read the reviews on Plugged In, but still not sure.

My boys can handle violence okay (ala Indiana Jones). I don't care for overt s*x scenes, which seem to be prevalent in PG-13 movies.

I'd love to know what others thought of either of these movies.

Thanks!

I've seen both and there wasn't any s@x in either, though both had attraction-type themes. I'd think boys that age would like Hancock best, my 14s loved it, and just rolled laughing. (Mostly at the bad language. Little darlings, probably reminded them of their mom.) 8)

We've seen both movies-

We were rolling in the aisles laughing for Get Smart. No sex, but one scene where it looked to someone else like people were doing, um, something.

I thought the previews for Hancock were better than the actual movie. Lots of violence, but that was obvious from the previews. There were some interesting plot twists. Wasn't as amusing as I thought it would be, but my dds liked it.

(My daughters both generally like "boy" movies better than "girl" movies. No way will I get either to go see Kit with me.)

We're thinking of taking our 12 and 14yos to see either one of these today. I've read the reviews on Plugged In, but still not sure.

My boys can handle violence okay (ala Indiana Jones). I don't care for overt s*x scenes, which seem to be prevalent in PG-13 movies.

I'd love to know what others thought of either of these movies.

Thanks!

My boys (16 & 11) really liked Hancock. There was some violence but it wasn't too bad compared to what's out there. There is one really bad (4 letter) word and a lot of less bad words (mostly -----le)

My 11 year old says it is one of his top 5 best movies of all time. Probably because it's the second PG-13 movie he's ever seen. My older son enjoyed it too, but it's not in his top 5.

One very mild kissing scene.

There is a scene in a jail where it gets rough and the actual thing that happens is so ridiculous (ie. impossible) that it's funny.

Boys will love this movie.

If you want more detailed info, PM me.

Here you go:

PROFANITY At least 2 "f" words (1 in subtitles, with symbols replacing most of the letters), 7 "s" words, 24 asses (15 used with "hole"), 3 slang terms using male genitals ("pr*ck"' and "piss pump"), 5 hells, 3 ****s, 1 S.O.B., 2 uses of "Oh my God" and 1 use of "Swear to Christ."

SEX/NUDITY Hancock reaches out at a young woman who passes by him in a short skirt, prompting her to react adversely to that.

About a bully who's been tormenting Aaron, Hancock tells the boy he should hit the bully in his "piss pump" (penis) to the point that it can only be used as a dust flap for the bully's "butt crack."

We see video footage of Hancock in a partially charred and torn outfit that shows part of his bare butt.

We see video footage featuring some young women in bikinis (but they're not the focus of the shot).

Mary shows varying amounts of cleavage in various tops, including some that are cut quite low and thus are fairly revealing.

We see a shirtless male prisoner and then see a similar sight later in the film.

A miscellaneous woman comments on Hancock being "hot."

Mary and Ray kiss in bed, clothed, and she rolls over on top of him, but nothing else happens.

Arriving to rescue a wounded female cop at a gun battle, Hancock asks if he has permission to touch her body, adding that it's not sexual. Her response is "Get me the hell out of here."

We see some miscellaneous cleavage.

Hancock carries an intoxicated Ray up to the latter's room. After Hancock removes his shoes, Ray drunkenly and jokingly tells him, "That's all you're getting off me." The next morning, we see him walking about in his boxers and a dress shirt while hung-over.

Hancock and a female superhero nearly kiss.

Ray asks a superhero about various famous people she met, but when JFK is brought up, she's mostly silent, although she then tells him it's "not like that" (meaning sexual).

which I am sad about. This was probably my favorite tv show. I had heard they used the word "retard". One of my dc has developmental delays so we don't patronize anything with this word. We are on the liberal side for allowing our dc to see stuff for language and violence. I asked a friend who did see the movie to confirm the use and she said it was definitely in the movie and definitely unnecessary--the dialog could have been written otherwise easily. She also said that there was rear nudity. My friend is much more conservative than I am and felt the movie went overboard with crude language.