Menu

Embarrassing House Cleaning Q

:bigear:

I've used a toothbrush, some basic cleaner and half a roll of paper towels. I would like better suggestions. These work but take me a LONG time.

(If it helps you feel better, when I noticed how bad mine was, I asked my super-clean friend whose house had the same floorplan as ours. She looked down and said, "Wow, I've never noticed that." And I mean she was SUPER clean. So most likely no one but your mother and/or mother in law has noticed. ;) )

Edited by LillyMama
typo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Scrape it out with a flat-head screwdriver, then spray it down with a regular cleaner (windex?) and slide a paper towel through using the screwdriver again.

:iagree: If you have sliding glass doors on your shower - this works as well where the glass overlaps and one never thinks to clean...:blush:

Speaking of mother in laws...mine tagged along with fil when he went to check a rental house after a tenant moved out. And she was telling me that the house was pretty nasty. "They didn't even clean the track on the sliding glass door!"

I think at the time we'd lived here for some 8 years and I had never cleaned ours.

This is a woman who pulls her fridge/stove away from the wall every month so she can clean under and behind them, and she gets on the floor every day and hand washes her kitchen and laundry room floor. I can't imagine any house passing her inspection...I know if we rented from her we'd never get our deposit back!

My sliding door track is usually pretty grimy when I get around to cleaning it and I have to use a screwdriver/toothbrush/Windex/roll of paper towels.