Menu

Would you marry a man you would never love if...

Would you marry a man you don't love?  

1. 1. Would you marry a man you don't love?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO.........any updates?

Come on BlueTaelon, inquiring minds want to know.......

Is he a keeper or are you going to toss him to the curb?

"Still trying to decide" is also a valid response. :D

But come on, we need an update!

(And a picture of him in a kilt would be nice, too. You know, if he'll put on a kilt and pose for a picture, I'll bet a lot of the naysayers here would suddenly decide to vote in support of keeping him, so there's a real benefit for him to do it.)

Lol, havent even had time to think about it with everything going on tbh, been swamped.

Didn't read responses, and being happily married myself it doesn't much matter, but...

If we believe the same things spiritually, then yes. I believe that in that situation, love would bloom. I would learn to love him.

The opposite is a concern - would HE love ME? Of course, if he believes in the way that I do, he'd also learn to love.

But if neither of us is in love, why on this green earth are we getting married? :confused:

Lol, havent even had time to think about it with everything going on tbh, been swamped.

Well, don't think we won't keep hounding you. :D

Hey, some of us don't get out much, and we need to live through others. Right now, we picked you. Don't let us down -- keep it exciting for us, OK? :D

No. Having known real love, I could not settle for less. I would prefer to be on my own than sacrifice my emotional integrity. There is no amount of money, security or travel that could make me betray myself like that.

I've had real love, and I voted yes. I'm on my own now (widowed,) and I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone- especially after my kids are out of the nest.

But since I'm pushing 50, I feel like I'm looking for a life companion more than young love. I would not feel like I'm betraying my emotional integrity to marry a friend. (I can also take care of myself financially, including travel and security, so it wouldn't be about that either.)

I know a woman who, more than anything, wanted children of her own. She isn't the most attractive woman but there were a couple decent guys over the years who wanted to date her. However, her standards were so unreasonably high that she refused to even date them and she is past childbearing age now and still alone. Those guys have since gone on to marry others and have great families of their own. It's sad to me. I would have a lot of regrets if I were her. Not comparing this at all to your situation, just sharing "out loud."

I know a woman like this also. She's very bitter. I think if she just would have dated men who weren't "perfect", she would have discovered it's not all about looks and social status.

My acquaintance did end up marrying, but not well (I think he's emotionally abusive.) He has kids from a previous marriage, and she loves them...