Menu

Toppings for fish tacos?

I have some family members who aren't adventurous in their eating, i.e.. sour cream based sauces, dressings, cole slaw, onion, etc... I am making fish tacos for dinner this week (first time to have them!) and am making slaw and a roumalade topping for me :001_smile:, but I was wondering if there were some simple toppings I could offer that might compensate for my less adventurous eaters? It just seems plain to eat fried fish on a taco with only lemon juice. Any ideas from other less adventurous eaters?

Mango salsa is da bomb on fish tacos (on top of shredded cabbage that's been tossed with lime juice). I figure that, to many, fish tacos are already strange enough. You might as well go whole hog and make them GOOD with more traditional fish taco toppings, rather than serving them with regular taco toppings designed to go with beef or chicken. That would seem less appetizing to me.

we had shrimp tacos last night and had all the toppings optional: shredded cabbage, crumbled bacon, pico de gallo, guacamole, lime juice, and two salsas: tomatillo and tomato.

Sounds perfect! We love fish tacos at our house and this is very similar to how we do it.

Blessings,

Lucinda

I had never heard of fish tacos before visiting these boards. Now I'm hearing there are SHRIMP tacos, too?! Are these (fish or shrimp) easy to make?

I'm sure the other ladies have great recipes and hopefully will share. I'm using Paula Deen's catfish taco recipe, cole slaw and roumalade recipe. I watched her make it all and it looked delicious! We'll see...