Menu

What is the best way to clean ballet shoes

If they are leather, you can use a Mr. Clean magic eraser - works great! If they are canvas, there really is not much hope.I wouldn't worry about replacing them. Look around, most of the girls' shoes probably have spots on them. You won't notice from the audience. My dds have been dancing 8 years and I only buy shoes when they are outgrown.

Enjoy recital. Ours was last weekend and it was a blast!

Robin

Leather shoes: Damp washcloth, maybe very slightly soapy. If there are worn spots on the toes, try calamine lotion, foundation make-up, or my trick: acrylic paint! If you are VERY good at mixing colors, give it a try- start with a flesh tone, add a tiny dab of a warm pink. Ballet shoes are not normally as "pinkie-pink" as most people imagine! Dab the paint on with a cotton ball, and wipe to blend.

Canvas shoes: Brush them off as best as you can. Try powdered foundation make-up.

Be careful with bigger shoes in the next size... make sure you're able to tighten the elastic enough so the toes aren't floppy.

Last year I used a damp cloth and very small amounts of Bar Keeper's Friend. This was for leather shoes that had terrible black scuff marks - worked fabulously.

I wouldn't recommend new shoes at this stage because they won't be broken in and may affect her performance.