Menu

Anyone interested in sharing their one

Everyday, I have oatmeal (with 1/2 a banana, a few craisins and soy milk) for breakfast, then include an entire bag of packaged salad and about 5 cups of broccoli to my entree at lunch.

Can you tell I'm trying to get healthy?

I try to make a green smoothie everyday and include a big handful of spinach and kale (along with the frozen fruit, rice milk, and dash of honey). I usually throw in any leftover steamed vegetables as well (squash, broccoli, carrots). Even if the rest of my day goes to pot eating-wise, it makes me feel good to know I've at least gotten one good dose of veggies in.

Leafy greens.

We decided to commit to eating leafy greens regularly, so we serve salad every night at dinner, and serve kale, chard or spinach once or twice a week on average (more often spring-fall, less in the winter). We even started a salad/greens garden so that we can have fresh greens for cheap.

Cat

Leafy greens here too. I try to have a huge salad at least every other day, with avocado, goat cheese, and a good EVOO. I can mix in a million healthy things to change it up regularly too. Otherwise, I try to focus on eating other high-quality things. I'm not a big believer in forcing yourself to eat something every single day as long as you're generally eating a good mix of healthy foods.

Spinach, berries, greek yogurt. Pretty much the ingredients of my green smoothie. I figure I am getting a great dose of vitamins, minerals, protein and probiotics in just that one drink. If I had to eat all of that separately it would be more difficult. This smoothie is one of my meals each day.

I also eat tons of other veggies and lean protein, and another serving of fruit but its more variety on different days. That smoothie is pretty constant.

Leafy greens.

But perhaps more than what I've added, is what I've eliminated: wheat. WheatBelly and Dr. Wahls gave me the idea.

Reading Mark's Daily Apple and Terry Wahl's website have helped me a lot to #1 be motivated, and thus #2 see the amazing results.

Benefits of adding vegetables and deducting wheat: Mental clarity, constant low-level inflammatory flu-like illness is gone (unless I eat something sweet like cheesecake. It's my downfall).

I get excited at the prospect of roast brussels sprouts now. :lol: Who'd a thunk it?