Menu

Easy, inexpensive, warm-fuzzy opportunity to help

I have become the Guardian Angel of Jack, an Eastern European boy residing in an orphanage who is awaiting a family of his own. Jack is 11 years old and HIV+. He desperately wants a family, especially siblings to play with. You can visit his page at Reece's Rainbow, an organization that advocates for children with special medical needs.

As a Guardian Angel, I have the responsibility to raise funds for Jack's adoption and try find an adoptive family for him. Fees for his region are approximately $33,000 including travel. Jack currently has $6,170 pledged toward his adoption. For my first fund-raising effort, I am looking for people who are willing to pledge $5 a month to Jack's fund. I know times are tough financially (believe me, I know!), but if 10 people commit to $5 a month for Jack, we can easily raise $50 a month! If you would like to become one of Jack's angels, please comment on this post or send me a PM. Thank you on behalf of Jack, who is the same age my daughter was when we adopted her!

Tara

Is there a place to donate every month? Or do I have to remember to donate via paypal?

You can donate through Jack's page at Reece's Rainbow, or you can send them a check directly. Their mailing address is

Reece's Rainbow

PO Box 4024

Gaithersburg, MD 20885

If you would like to be one of Jack's angels, I can put you on my list, and I will send you a monthly reminder on the first of each month. I can email you, PM you, send you a FB message, or text you ... whatever is most convenient for you.

Thanks!!!

Tara

You can donate through Jack's page at Reece's Rainbow, or you can send them a check directly. Their mailing address is

Reece's Rainbow

PO Box 4024

Gaithersburg, MD 20885

If you would like to be one of Jack's angels, I can put you on my list, and I will send you a monthly reminder on the first of each month. I can email you, PM you, send you a FB message, or text you ... whatever is most convenient for you.

Thanks!!!

Tara

Tara...I sent a PM, and yes, I will need a reminder. Thanks so much for doing this!

I hope many people are able to donate, even just a little bit, to Jack!

Yeah, I know. Part of it is because the region in which Jack lives requires three trips, two with both parents and one for one parent to bring him home. The travel expenses add up very quickly! Because I don't know which actual placement agency is representing Jack, I don't have a complete breakdown of the costs, but it's not unusual for in-country, agency, and immigration costs to reach $20-25k (although our adoptions, from a different country, cost nowhere near that).

But that's why I'm doing what I am doing for Jack ... to reduce the financial burden for a family who commits to him. :)

Tara

Tara, this is so lovely to see!!!! We are adopting Eli from RR and are pretty active with the fundraising and such, and i know from personal experience that when Jack's family finds him they will be so so grateful for the awesome head start you have given them!!!

Reese's Rainbow is killing me. There is a little boy that I want to adopt SO BADLY. Like, not pussy footing around the idea with Dh, but full out let's talk about this.

You are amazing for doing this-not only for Jack, but for the family that adopts him.

thank you! i think he is pretty awesome myself!!! Did you join the RR facebook group? There are two, and the private one is very active! I know there are a lot of people who are pulling for Jack to find a family!!!

Oh, congratulations! He's beautiful!!

:grouphug:

Tara

Reese's Rainbow is killing me. There is a little boy that I want to adopt SO BADLY. Like, not pussy footing around the idea with Dh, but full out let's talk about this.

You are amazing for doing this-not only for Jack, but for the family that adopts him.

We are smack dab in the middle of adopting a little guy with down syndrome (see siggie) from RR. Please feel free to contact me if you have ANY questions!!!:001_smile:

Tara, he looks like such a sweetie. And the description of him? My goodness. Made me cry.

I love looking around RR, but it's also hard for me, iykwim. I see so many children there that I would love to welcome into our home. But the cost is very prohibitive.

Sigh.

I can pray for them at least.

All such precious angels.

• 4 weeks later...