Menu

Gas prices going down...

a bit around here. In this thread about gas prices, I had replied that it was $3.59/gallon, in mid-March. We saw it spike as high as $3.80 about two weeks ago, and the start going back down. Today, it is $3.56. All from the same gas station, for a fair comparison.

Edited by CathieC

a bit around here. In this thread (http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358700&highlight=gas+prices), I had replied that it was $3.59/gallon, in mid-March. We saw it spike as high as $3.80 about two weeks ago, and the start going back down. Today, it is $3.56. All from the same gas station, for a fair comparison.

P.S. Is there a better way to link a thread?

Yes, you can copy the link/website address you want to use, then while typing your post you highlight the word(s) that you want to use as a link, such as the thread about gas prices, then click on the icon that looks like the world with a piece of chain (a link). You can paste the web address there.

Yes, you can copy the link you want to use, then while typing your post you highlight the word(s) that you want to use as a link, such as the thread about gas prices, then click on the icon that looks like the world with a piece of chain (a link). You can paste the web address there.

Thanks! I'll try that in an edit! See if I can do it :) And I did!

They've been right at $3.99 for the past several weeks at most of the places around here; it seems that the places are really reluctant to flip to the "4." Then the place at the end of our road, which is almost always at least ten cents higher than anywhere else (because it's the only place in a 9-mile radius), flipped to $4.09 about ten days or so ago. Everywhere else still said $3.99. Two days ago, I noticed that the place down the road was below $4.00; I think it was $3.89, which means that hopefully it will be more like $3.79 everywhere else. I'm hoping it drops a lot in the next week; I've got gas points that will expire next week, and so far, I've got over $1.20 a gallon. I only ever fill my van completely when I have gas points, so the lower the better next week!

It is $4.04 here.

How does that compare to what it was two weeks ago? I know different parts of the country can have a wide range of prices, so it's hard to compare among each other. For example, gas is always about 30 cents more per gallon where my parents live, in Northern Virginia, than it is here.

In our part of CO, we are at $3.79. We were much slower to go up than most of the country. Last month in the Denver paper they mentioned that Colorado and Wyoming had the lowest gas prices in the country.

Hopefully, we drop back down fast. I was thrilled last time I filled up to be able to use gas points and buy at $2.79 a gallon. The kids didn't get why I was so thrilled :glare:

I was thrilled last time I filled up to be able to use gas points and buy at $2.79 a gallon. The kids didn't get why I was so thrilled :glare:

Love the gas points; they are the reason we get all of our prescriptions filled at Kroger. That gives us 450 points/month!