Menu

So ds(16) gets up to take shower thiis morning.

At 1:30AM:001_huh::glare:, I said "Son do you know that it is 1:30 in the morning." son, "I thought it was 5:50AM" I could not go back to sleep until 3:AM. I planned my long run this morning before I get my day started. Now I am going back to bed:tongue_smilie:

Silly boy -- had he knocked his analog clock over???

Hmm -- trying to figure that one out.

Sorry that you got awoken -- happens to us all. I guess a middle of the night shower is less worrisome than a kid with delirium, puking, or whatever...

Have a good night's sleep tonight.

I did that sooo many times as a teen. And yes I had a clock. Sometimes, in a sleep haze your eyes fool you ;) It usually made me mad because my hair was a pain to deal with, so I would end up staying up just so I wouldn't have to shower again to fix it. I never woke other people up though...I was used to being up before everyone else so I was quiet...lol.

I did that once as an adult...showed up at the homeschool convention site (it was the Disneyland Hotel, back when the Disneyland Hotel could hold the state homeschool convention) and wondered why people weren't setting up, why there were still cars coming out of Disneyland, why there was still music and partying going on at the club...went back to my hotel and looked carefully at the clock, turned it was just midnight and not 7 a.m....::facepalm::

I did something like that too. I used to get up at 6 to go jogging. One morning I got up and went and . . . it was darker than usual. And there wasn't any traffic. And the SP's driving by (we lived on an air force base) looked at me funny. When I got home I discovered I'd gotten up at 4! Well, that explained it, then.

But that's not as early as the couple we knew who showed up at the military ball early. They were a whole day early! :lol:

Must be something in the air. My boys got up at 5AM the other day and started getting ready for their day, unbeknownst to me. When my alarm went off before 7 and I go out to see what was going on, with it being so quiet, I find my olderst in a state of confusion. He had sent his brother to school an hour early! The little guy thought he was really late because no one was out.:tongue_smilie:

At 1:30AM:001_huh::glare:, I said "Son do you know that it is 1:30 in the morning." son, "I thought it was 5:50AM" I could not go back to sleep until 3:AM. I planned my long run this morning before I get my day started. Now I am going back to bed:tongue_smilie:

I had a roommate in college who did this--got up, showered, dressed, out the door with her books--then wondered why it was so dark and why no-one was out. Came inside and realized she had read the clock wrong!