Menu

So-o-o-o, did you actually print out all the pages for Advanced Language Lessons?!

Okee-doke, I have a link to the 15 chapters of ALL that were completed and I plan to meander through it this fall. It suddenly occurs to me, though, that 500+ pages is, er, a whole heckuvva lotta pages to print out! Wondering how others approached it....

I'll cheerfully do that, too, if someone tells me how to "take" a link to a store. I'm a techno-dud.:tongue_smilie:

Is it a pdf file? After you download it to your computer, put it on a flash drive. The people at the store will know exactly what to do from there.

Is it a pdf file? After you download it to your computer, put it on a flash drive. The people at the store will know exactly what to do from there.

It's a pdf file, yes, but I don't know how to download it to my computer ~ and don't have a clue what a flash drive is. I have other talents, I promise.;)

It's a pdf file, yes, but I don't know how to download it to my computer ~ and don't have a clue what a flash drive is. I have other talents, I promise.;)

A flash drive is a little storage device that plugs into the USB port on your computer. They're also called thumb drives. They're just a few dollars at an electronics store and very handy when you need to physically transport a file, like in this situation.

To download a pdf, one of the following will probably work, depending on your computer and browswer: click on the link, right-click on the link and select "save as", or control click on the link and select "save as".

I printed out the entire file then pulled out all the student pages and stapled them together (some are 2-3 pages or more). I 3-hole punched the teacher pages and put them in a big binder. Student pages are stacked in order in my crate box, so with each lesson I just pull out dd's pages and we go through the lesson.

It really is an excellent program. If only we had more......:lol:

Blessings,

Lucinda

A flash drive is a little storage device that plugs into the USB port on your computer. They're also called thumb drives. They're just a few dollars at an electronics store and very handy when you need to physically transport a file, like in this situation.

To download a pdf, one of the following will probably work, depending on your computer and browswer: click on the link, right-click on the link and select "save as", or control click on the link and select "save as".

Thanks for the hand holding!

Am I correct that ALL is on hold? Will you simply use the pdf file and follow up with another program?

Yes, it's in an indefinite holding pattern. I'm using ALL as a refresher and will decide after we complete it if I want to keep up with formal grammar. I may revisit R&S or Analytical Grammar. I used and tired of both programs in the past, but I'm at that stage wherein I sometimes circle back to things I used a decade ago.;)

I sent the link to my spouse, who then printed it out at work.
Now there's an idea ~ if work isn't at home.:D

You could download a PDF into Notability on the iPad and let the kiddoes work that way.
Ha! I don't even have a cell phone, much less an iPad.:)

It really is an excellent program. If only we had more......:lol:
I know, I know...!

Did you get this recently? I thought SWB had asked not to request it anymore because it was on hold.

Yes, within the past month. I was asked not to share the link, but to pass along the email address (see above) to others interested in the sample.

Hi Colleen. Ihave the pdf download saved on my computer. Usually, I just print out a week at a time. Since I am using it with two boys at a time I figured it would be easier printing it myself. I print out two copies of the worksheets.

Edited by Woodhaven

I got a response from Pattie! :) I am so happy!

It took a few days, but she sent me the link. She asked that the link not be shared...just the email address to request the link.

So pleased!!!!

I got my respsonse with link too! I have not taken a good look at it yet, and I have not used FLL. Will that matter? It's hard to imagine that at over 500 pages, this isn't the WHOLE program...

~coffee~

• 4 months later...

Bumping this up as I'm still debating whether or not to have the whole file printed out. At 551 pages, it would cost around $30. I'm reluctant to spend that much, and use all that paper, but I may cave and do it. I don't like to have to sit at the computer reading the instructions (no laptop or another such device), and I don't relish printing pages out myself. Still curious what others have done...

So far, I have only printed out some of the student pages. I plan on trying to read the instructions from my laptop. Hopefully that will work, and I won't have to print out everything.

Bumping this up as I'm still debating whether or not to have the whole file printed out. At 551 pages, it would cost around $30. I'm reluctant to spend that much, and use all that paper, but I may cave and do it. I don't like to have to sit at the computer reading the instructions (no laptop or another such device), and I don't relish printing pages out myself. Still curious what others have done...

So far, I have only printed out some of the student pages. I plan on trying to read the instructions from my laptop. Hopefully that will work, and I won't have to print out everything.

Sounds like a good plan ~ and makes me wish I had a laptop!:)

On the off chance anyone cares;), thought I'd update with my decision. I need right now to make things easy for myself, so I took the flash drive to the print shop and had them make a double-sided copy (three-hole punched) of the entire document. Rode my bike up there, waited 15 minutes for the copy, and rode home. Nice-n-simple. It was a bit pricey, but this way I have it in hand, ready to go. I think I'll pull out the student worksheets and have the set copied, so I can use those with my youngest guy in a few years.