Menu

Awake...the new TV show

Why didn't you want to watch it? Did it seem hokie?

It looked like a show I would enjoy but the writers would screw up (like Lost). It seems like everytime I like a show it gets cancelled or they don't really know where to go with it and mess it up.:glare:

I've seen the premier show....twice. I really liked it. It was so neat how everything intertwined. Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch more. Is it one of those shows that if you miss some episodes you'll be completely lost??

ETA: OK...I just clicked on your link. Um.....that's not the show I thought you were talking about. LOL! I was thinking of Touch. For some reason I thought that was called Awake. So....just ignore my comment!

Edited by ~AprilMay~

I love watching the new TV show, Awake. It is really thought provoking. It's one of the few shows that have hooked me from the beginning. I can't wait to see where it goes... Anyone else watching it?

I've been enjoying it as well. I set up the sewing machine in front of our new Mac and watched the first few episodes in Hulu. I need to do that again--to get caught up in the show & some sewing! I described the scenario to DH and the kids and an interesting discussion resulted. They all had their theories even though none of them have seen it.

Love it. I think the episodes are improving, with more character development & twists.

And our kids tease me because I'm only watching One Word TV Shows right now:

Awake

Touch

Missing

Psych :001_smile:

Even if you don't want to watch the whole Awake series, my dh and I really liked the "Kate is Enough" episode. WITHOUT spoiling it, the last 15 minutes became a great encouragement for us as parents. Without pounding on a pulpit or inserting a lecture, it did a great job of teaching and inspiring us.

We watch all four of these shows on hulu.com

Edited by Beth S

It looked like a show I would enjoy but the writers would screw up (like Lost). It seems like everytime I like a show it gets cancelled or they don't really know where to go with it and mess it up.:glare:

I feel the same way a lot of times too. (Not about LOST, though. ;))

Yeah, I'm still bitter, 12 years later, about Freaks and Geeks.

I don't watch network television anymore.

Dh watches it so I've seen most of the episodes. It's very good. But I definitely hope the writers have a where they plan to go with it. Seems like it could be a very short lived show.
If the writers do it it right, then this could be an excellent show. Hopefully it won't be short lived because I like it too much.

Love it. I think the episodes are improving, with more character development & twists.

And our kids tease me because I'm only watching One Word TV Shows right now:

Awake

Touch

Missing

Psych :001_smile:

Even if you don't want to watch the whole Awake series, my dh and I really liked the "Kate is Enough" episode. WITHOUT spoiling it, the last 15 minutes became a great encouragement for us as parents. Without pounding on a pulpit or inserting a lecture, it did a great job of teaching and inspiring us.

We watch all four of these shows on hulu.com

Psych is one of our favorites too! I think Awake is aired opposite of The Mentalist and I just can't get myself to watch it since they "stole" :tongue_smilie: the show idea from Psych. I loved the 'Kate is Enough' Awake episode!

Yeah, I'm still bitter, 12 years later, about Freaks and Geeks.

I don't watch network television anymore.

Oh. My. I shared your post with my dh, who LOVED Freaks & Geeks.

For the uninformed:

http://www.amazon.com/Freaks-Geeks-The-Complete-Series/dp/B0001EQHXO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334530540&sr=8-1

Thanks for the shout-out to a great short-lived series!

I've watched the pilot episode and have the rest recorded. I like it!

Huh, what broadcast shows do I watch? Uh -

CSI

Who Do You Think You Are?

The Big Bang Theory

I watch with my Mom -

NCIS

NCIS LA

Person of Interest

Edited by Elizabeth in MN
adding shows I watch