Menu

Dr. Hive: would you go to the Dr. this morning?

OK, Hive, help me out here:

Back story - last Friday night, started to feel "low". Spent all weekend resting and in bed - by Sunday night, felt better! Hooray!

Monday - out and about, felt fine. Hooray!

Tuesday - 7-year old is sick with bad cold, I start to feel tired. By Tuesday night, I know I'm getting sick.

Wednesday through yesterday (Friday) - horrible congestion. No fever that I know of. Feel incredibly run down and exhausted. Debated going to the dr. yesterday, but didn't.

Today - congestion is much better. I've got a cough and some congestion, but nowhere NEAR what I've had. I had said I would go to the dr. this morning if I wasn't better - I've got an Easter gig, with rehearsal this afternoon.

So am I better? Well, I think I am. I mean - what are they going to do - give me an antibiotic? Which I really don't want? Am I right that this is all in the realm of a cold - a very, very bad cold?

Diagnose me, please!

I would say it is just a cold, especially with no fever or a very low grade fever. A cold is viral, so they would not give you anything. If it was bacterial, you would generally have a fever. Take a decongestant and enjoy your weekend.

See, that's what I think, too, Jane.. .

But my mom's coming tonight to spend Easter with us, and I know I'm gonna hear, "Why didn't you go to the Doctor?"

To which I can reply, "The Hive said it wasn't necessary." ;)

Sounds like your good to me.. and to Mom I would say "I wasn't bleeding, dying or dead... why go?" :D:tongue_smilie:

Sounds like what I have. Yesterday, I felt like cr@p. Heavy congestion, body exhaustion (but not tired sleepy). Low fever, that comes and goes. A bit of a cough, but it is definitely from the congestion running down my throat. I woke up with a bone dry mouth, but now that I have some hot coffee in me and have moved around a bit, I actually feel pretty good.

My plan is to clean for couple hours this morning, resting periodically. Ds has a movie party planned her for 20 teenagers so, once they get here, I will move upstairs and go back to bed. Dh will be here to supervise. For my symptoms, I would not go to the doctor, there isn't anything they can do except prescribe a steroid nasal spray and/or an inhaler for the cough if there is restriction. If you can get by without those....don't go.

I feel lke if I take it pretty easy today, I should be better for tomorrow. If your performance is singing, I know I couldn't do that without coughing. You may want to consider if that is going t work for you or not.

:grouphug::grouphug: Hope you are all better today! :grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

:iagree:

And, she's a doctor! So, tell your mom that you DID consult with a doctor! :lol:

Sweet! I can use that, can't I??

And do you know. . .last week, my dh had a sinus infection (or so he said). He took three - THREE - of his Amoxicillin. Then stopped. I asked him if he'd ever heard about antibiotic resistance. He said no. :glare:

My husband is the reason antibiotics are losing their effectiveness. There. I said it.

Thanks, all!

Sounds like what I have. Yesterday, I felt like cr@p. Heavy congestion, body exhaustion (but not tired sleepy). Low fever, that comes and goes. A bit of a cough, but it is definitely from the congestion running down my throat. I woke up with a bone dry mouth, but now that I have some hot coffee in me and have moved around a bit, I actually feel pretty good.

My plan is to clean for couple hours this morning, resting periodically. Ds has a movie party planned her for 20 teenagers so, once they get here, I will move upstairs and go back to bed. Dh will be here to supervise. For my symptoms, I would not go to the doctor, there isn't anything they can do except prescribe a steroid nasal spray and/or an inhaler for the cough if there is restriction. If you can get by without those....don't go.

I feel lke if I take it pretty easy today, I should be better for tomorrow. If your performance is singing, I know I couldn't do that without coughing. You may want to consider if that is going t work for you or not.

:grouphug::grouphug: Hope you are all better today! :grouphug::grouphug:

Yup, that's EXACTLY what I have.

I play bassoon - which no one hears, anyways ;) - so I can muddle through, methinks.

Stinks not to be able to sing tomorrow's Easter hymns, though :(