Menu

Google Goggles--WDYT?

I think we're a hop, skip, and jump from the feed. (Feed by M.T. Anderson)

That is exactly what I said when we saw this!

I thought it was an April Fool's prank at first, but apparently, it's real. And I think I want to be scared, but I am really just curious to see how useable these will be.

I read somewhere else that the glasses part will have a personalized prescription, including no prescription. And they are obviously meant to be worn all of the time - including while driving. How else would you see the directions?:glare:

A map of the inside of the store, though... That's überlazy...

It reminds me of the episode of Star Trek The Next Generation where they all start playing that game and it ends up being a tool used by the enemy to enslave everyone on the Enterprise.

Could totally see that happening.

Sometimes, when we are out and about and I see everyone with their faces stuck in their smart phones, and not talking/interacting with friends/family/anyone..... it makes me think of that episode too.

All I can think is that we'll see people walking into things more often. I just can't imagine how you can focus both on what pops up and where you're going. Oh, and you know how rude people look when they're texting or doing something else on their phone while you're trying to have a conversations with them? Well, now people can be discreetly rude.

All I can think is that we'll see people walking into things more often. I just can't imagine how you can focus both on what pops up and where you're going. Oh, and you know how rude people look when they're texting or doing something else on their phone while you're trying to have a conversations with them? Well, now people can be discreetly rude.

I don't know that it will be discreet. If I understood correctly, you have to make your selections from the options with your eyes. That's a lot of eye-rolling and fluttering to go on top of the talking to an invisible person.

Soon, it will be impossible to spot the seriously mentally ill person on the street. :tongue_smilie: