Menu

Playmobile fans, convince me.

There's a store about 40 minutes from here that has a 40% off everything including Playmobile coupon.

My kids don't seem like the type that would enjoy them. They don't play with My Little People sets that seem similar to me. They don't play with Legos. Our Hot Wheel cars and rug sit unused. We had a nice dollhouse that was never used.

DH doesn't like buying toys anymore. What's the point if they don't really get used. The extent of playing with toys seems to be pulling them out of their home and dropping them on the floor.

What makes Playmobile worth the cost? And what's the likelihood that kids that don't play with similar toys will play with them?

The 10 and 12 are probably too old, but I have never met a 5 or 2 year old who did not LOVE Playmobil. Some of the pieces are super, super tiny, though. So maybe stick to vehicles until 2YO is bigger, and keep the little bitty pieces in a Ziploc. That's what we did until our youngest was about 3.

It must be a personality thing.

I often thought that I should have created a blog with all the pictures I have taken with playmobil people and their adventures.

Just this week I have taken pictures of the playmobil people testing various kinds of velcro on traversing the underside of the dining table.

I noticed this when I looked under the table to remove the leaf.

Just today I stumbled across the playmobil people experimenting with electronics and that's all I'm going to say. Hopefully they won't get into the superglue too. Egads!

IMO Playmobil are much more detailed and fun than Little People. Both my kids are into pretend play so Playmobil and Lego are always in use, they frequently play together. But I'd say if your bigs didn't play that way before, they are unlikely to take it up at ages 10 and 12...the littles, though, can you already tell that they are following in the footsteps of their older siblings in they way they play, or do they have different types of personalities?

My boys are 13 and 10 and still like playing with Playmobil. They prefer Lego though as it is more versatile and if I had to choose between Playmobil and Lego I would go with Lego. IMO Playmobil has a lot of small pieces and isn't as robust .

My kids much prefer Playmobil over Lego. Playmobil sees daily use, and lego runs in streaks. My daughters never played with dollhouses, but they love the Playmobil doll house selections. One of my boys loved Little People passionately, the others not at all.

My kids love the Playmobil people. Horses and vehicles get a lot of use too. My boys love getting multiples of the same people so they can create little armies that fight each other. Each army has to have a designated leader. Some bigger weapons are useful too.

We have a lot of army guys, but they rarely make the light of day. I think I just talked myself into decluttering the other army guys.

The 10 and 12 are probably too old, but I have never met a 5 or 2 year old who did not LOVE Playmobil. Some of the pieces are super, super tiny, though. So maybe stick to vehicles until 2YO is bigger, and keep the little bitty pieces in a Ziploc. That's what we did until our youngest was about 3.

My 16 year old still loves Playmobil. He and his brothers set up historical scenes, and have battles. Somewhere I have photos of a great tableau he made of Caesar being murdered in the Senate ...

Playmobil was without a doubt the most heavily played-with toy of my first three children's childhoods--up until about age 12, when it tapered off, they played with it every day, often for hours.

My younger ones play with it regularly, but not as obsessively--they don't make the giant setups that stay in place for a week or two and get used day in, day out. They play a soccer game here, or a basketball game there and get put away at night. I think it is because my first two kids were very story-oriented and the younger ones are more "action" oriented.

I would pay twice the price for Playmobil for my olders, and I wouldn't bother buying it for my youngers--depends on the kids!

What makes Playmobile worth the cost? And what's the likelihood that kids that don't play with similar toys will play with them?

I'm on the verge of paying my son to play with his (joking). He prefers cardboard boxes, paper airplanes, mud, and building things like zoobs. Pretend play is not his bag.

I'm the Playmobil fan in our house. I really wanted my kids to like it, but they just never wanted to play with it. Lego was/is a much bigger deal here. My son is still asking for Lego for his upcoming 12th birthday.

Our Playmobil is now used as geocache booty. I hope some kids appreciate it :001_smile:.