Menu

Ugh, hit a mailbox

Not fun! Dh did that to a neighbors mailbox. We were stressed because it was dark and we couldn't see the damage right away. The required mailbox/post in our neighborhood runs about $225. Luckily, it just needed some paint and re-stabling, which we promptly completed.

I did that once...I went up to their door to confess..the man said "not a problem" and immediately took to fixing it himself. He had to reset the post and tighten the box. :p

Hopefully your neighbor will be as understanding and nice. :)

I knocked a mailbox over once - on a bicycle! My dh and I were out riding, I turned around to looked behind me for a second, and when I turned around the mailbox was right in front of me. The man that came to the door had a good laugh with my dh and said he would fix it himself. I hope your mailbox people are understanding and reasonable.

I live more in the country. This was not my neighborhood, this was one of those where all the mailboxes have to match, the good for yard sale-ing kind of neighborhoods!

Dawn

See, now here's the advantage of living in the country. I've had two mailbox encounters, once with a stock trailer and once with my pony cart. (dang pony got stuck in reverse and I didn't have my buggy whip)

Just set them back up and no one cared.

We hit a mailbox recently and it was in one of those neighborhoods that require all the mailboxes to look the same. We had to special order the mailbox and it cost about $300. Don't even ask how much it cost to fix the car. Luckily, we only have a $500 deductible but still total cost to hit a mailbox - $800. :001_huh:

I am just waiting for someone to hit mine, sigh. The brick was discontinued and it will have to somehow be rebuilt to match the house as required by our HOA. It is too close to the driveway IMO, so it is just a matter of time.

Hopefully the mailbox owner will be understanding and easy to work with.

These all matched, but they are very cheap black tin cans attached to a wooden post.

$800 would send me into depression.

Dawn

We hit a mailbox recently and it was in one of those neighborhoods that require all the mailboxes to look the same. We had to special order the mailbox and it cost about $300. Don't even ask how much it cost to fix the car. Luckily, we only have a $500 deductible but still total cost to hit a mailbox - $800. :001_huh: