Menu

(CC) Does anyone know songs for John 1 or other favorite Chapters of the Bible?

I can't think of a specific song, but I highly recommend Seeds Family Music (I think that is the name).

I ordered several CD's after reading about them here. They are all songs using scripture for the lyrics, to encourage memorization. We love them.

If you can find another family that would like them as well, you could split the cost, since 2 CD's are included in each one. Or just give them away. :001_smile:

Here it is:

And I find it funny that, as a proclaimed atheist, I do know all the words to this song and am singing it in my head right now! LOL

We used to sing it more upbeat and shout out the "1st John 4: 7 and 8!" part. FWIW

I like this a lot :) I know this one from Pioneer Girls? or one of the kid's activities that I was part of growing up. :)

Having Scripture memory is great :) Even if you are proclaiming yourself an Atheist.... :D

There's tons of music focusing on singular verses, but I don't know of any that are whole chapters. Your post did make me think of the song Jesus is the Light by Carman- the first verse is kindof a paraphrase of John 1. It's really bugging me now, because I looked up the lyrics and I can only find them for the first verse- I KNOW there's another verse! I can remember part "In John Chapter 3, only begotten was He and proved it when He rose from the grave" I'm going to have to break down ane watch Youtube videos to see if I can find it- It's driving me nuts!!!!

Here's a link to what I did find-

http://www.musicsonglyrics.com/jesus-is-the-light-lyrics-carman.html

I knew a great one growing up for 1 John 4: 7-8. I'm singing it in my head. Let me see if it's on youtube.

Wonder if it's the same one I know.

Here it is:

And I find it funny that, as a proclaimed atheist, I do know all the words to this song and am singing it in my head right now! LOL

We used to sing it more upbeat and shout out the "1st John 4: 7 and 8!" part. FWIW

Yep, same one. We sang it a little faster and sang the "1st John 4:7 and 8."

Edited by gardening momma