Menu

Beast Academy Economy Shipping

mamakimberly

How fast did your BA economy shipping order arrive?

(Awkward sentence, sorry!)

Mine still says:

Your Item's Status

Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on March 15, 2012 at 5:31 pm in ALPINE, CA 91901

It has been 12 days with no update... ugh!

Should I call or email?

Kimberly

I don't know how far mine made it. I ordered it on the day it was released. Yesterday I got an email saying:

Greetings,

We received your package back from the Post Office today, it was damaged. We will reship your books this afternoon via Priority mail.

Thank you

XXXXXXX

But once my books do reach the destination, I wouldn't know it since I'm sending them a post office box my BIL checks once or twice a month. If it takes long enough it just means I have that much less time to wait between receiving the books and 3C being released.

I received mine in less than a week -- shipped on March 13, delivered on March 19. Mine were not damaged.

I did have a package whose label came off at a sorting facility; the sender was notified and refunded my money. They advised me it might still come, but it never did.

Mine took about a week (NY). The package was damaged. 3 out of 4 books were gone. they replace the book quickly.

I think the envelop they used is really bad. The seam of the envelope were open on both sides. The post office tape one side, but they other side were open too when I received it

Mine still says:

Your Item's Status

Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on March 15, 2012 at 5:31 pm in ALPINE, CA 91901

It has been 12 days with no update... ugh!

Mine too! I am in NY. I emailed them the day it was due (the 23rd) and asked if I should worry. They said to email them again if it hadn't shown up on the 4th.

I'm disturbed to hear books have gone missing in the mail, but glad to hear they replaced them.

Rose, I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting. I wonder if their sorting facility there had some problems... was yours delayed the same day (15th)?

Mine was dispatched to sort facility at Bell Gardens from sort facility at Alpine on the 15th, then processed through the sort facility in Bell Gardens on the 16th, then departed the sort facility in Bell Gardens on the 16th. It had not been seen since that departure.

You know, I've received stuff via media mail and sent stuff via media mail and never had packages be opened like that. I wonder if they used inadequate packing materials?

the envelop they uses is questionable IMO. It is kinda .. crunchy.. weird isn't it

I'm seriously thinking something is up. My mail is generally VERY FAST here. Even from across the US. I don't live in the boonies!

Fairly recently, the USPS announced they would open media mail packages to verify they were media only. So that might be taking a lot longer now....

"The material sent must be educational media. It can’t contain advertising, video games, computer drives, or digital drives of any kind.

• Media Mail can be examined by postal staff to determine if the right price has been paid. If the package is wrapped in a way that makes it impossible to examine, it will be charged the First-Class rate."

To quote one particular post office employee, "The only type of mail that can be opened by a postal employee is "Media Mail." This is the old "book rate" mail. We are authorized to open media mail to see that it contains only items eligible for the lower postage rate."

Today I got the label from my Beast Academy shipment, the torn-off mailing label only, in the mail. It was just stuck into a little clear envelope with a note that said, "We sincerely regret damage to your mail during handling by the Postal Service."

ETA: I sent an email to Beast Academy and got one back within ten minutes promising to send replacements out on Monday.

Edited AGAIN to add this additional email from them:

"Greetings,

Indeed, we had a rough go with the Post Office on the first batch of Beast Academy books. We've been shipping for 10 years and never had anything like this happen before. Basically, we had a whole Media Mail shipping batch get thrashed.

Again, apologies. We've changed our shipping method to make it harder for the post office to mangle shipments in the future.

Sincerely,

Richard"

Edited by dragons in the flower bed

Today I got the label from my Beast Academy shipment, the torn-off mailing label only, in the mail. It was just stuck into a little clear envelope with a note that said, "We sincerely regret damage to your mail during handling by the Postal Service."

That was nice of them. :tongue_smilie:

It isn't the 5th yet, but I might email them...

Anyone else had luck getting a reshipment? I'm sure it is annoying for them, but also SUPER annoying for those of us who bought our $54 in books and have nothing...

I am having my books shipped to my BILs mailbox in the US (I'm in Canada). He only checks it once to twice a month. I did get a email from AOPS that my package was send back to them due to damage and they send it out priority shipping. It is likely right now sitting in that mailbox.