Menu

lego leagues, wheelchairs, & bragging on kids who are not my own... a small story

Those girls are Genius for sure! I am off to check out the site and vote. What an amazing thing to build out of lego. I can barely construct a simple square house without the whole thing breaking.

On a side note, my ds13 thinks the rims on the wheelchair are awesome ;)

Those girls are Genius for sure! I am off to check out the site and vote. What an amazing thing to build out of lego. I can barely construct a simple square house without the whole thing breaking.

On a side note, my ds13 thinks the rims on the wheelchair are awesome ;)

They didn't build the camera out of legos. They used a camera (similar to back-up cameras used in cars) & robotics & integrated it into an electric wheelchair. (All part of the Lego robotics programs.)

Yep, the rims are awesome. :lol:

Hey! These girls made friends with my son's FLL team last year at the World Festival, and they've stayed in contact ever since. I agree, they're a great bunch of kids and we've been voting for them every day. We're going back to World Festival this year and they're planning on getting together (the reunion tour, lol). Small world!

Hey! These girls made friends with my son's FLL team last year at the World Festival, and they've stayed in contact ever since. I agree, they're a great bunch of kids and we've been voting for them every day. We're going back to World Festival this year and they're planning on getting together (the reunion tour, lol). Small world!

That's cool! I know they're very outgoing, met lots of other teams, & have stayed in touch w/ many. I've known a couple of the girls since they were toddlers -- they were outgoing even then. :lol:

:001_smile: Yes, small world!

Guest gamomteacher2of

Thank you for posting about this and all of the encouragement.

I am one of the girls mom and coach of the FLL team. I am so proud of all that they have accomplished.

I know my daughter is excited to see her LIP friends again at worlds.

We can use all of the votes we can get so please spread word for us with anyone you think may be interested. Everyone can vote once a day till April 3rd. The contest is set up to allow for 200 votes per IP address so everyone at one location can vote. Vote at http://www.wouldntitbecoolif.com/ideas/813

GENIUS Coach

Linda

Thank you for posting about this and all of the encouragement.

I am one of the girls mom and coach of the FLL team. I am so proud of all that they have accomplished.

I know my daughter is excited to see her LIP friends again at worlds.

We can use all of the votes we can get so please spread word for us with anyone you think may be interested. Everyone can vote once a day till April 3rd. The contest is set up to allow for 200 votes per IP address so everyone at one location can vote. Vote at http://www.wouldntitbecoolif.com/ideas/813

GENIUS Coach

Linda

Yay Coach Linda! :) I'll definitely post to facebook, and my guy is super-geeked about seeing his GENIUS friends at World Festival, as well. We have been voting every day!