Menu

PSA: Amazing discovery made today

We are all in shock here! Let's hope they can remember their discovery tomorrow.

Let's just say I don't hold out much hope. :tongue_smilie:

Write it down and have them sign it. Then keep it somewhere visible for a few days or weeks. That helped reinforce the discovery when mine made it :D

We are all in shock here! Let's hope they can remember their discovery tomorrow.

Let's just say I don't hold out much hope. :tongue_smilie:

I was just going to warn you that I suspect there is a vast conspiracy out there somewhere. I'm pretty sure they send operatives to your child's room overnight (I think they might be involved in the whole tooth fairy thing too) to wipe his or her mind clean of such revelations before the next day. Really, it's the only logical explanation for the number of times ds has made that connection and then somehow lost it overnight! :tongue_smilie:

My youngest two made that discovery a few times, but always forgot it by the next day. Oddly, my 14yo mastered that concept fairly early on. I don't know why the others have memories like sieves.

eta: Somehow the 14yo has never managed to learn, though, that if he does all his work well on one day, he won't have to spend so much time going over mistakes with me the next day.

by my children.

Did you know that if you don't whine, complain, throw a mini-tantrum, and otherwise fuss about schoolwork that one is actually able to get it completed in about half the time?????

AMAZING! :D

Yup. Mine found out playing with their cousins when they are finished causes their seat work time to be quartered! Grrrrrrrrr!!! It sort of ticked me off. They are capable of more.....so much more....

Well, that is my thought as well. They finished so quickly (and did it correctly!) that I really think this is too little for them to be doing per day.

Dawn

Yup. Mine found out playing with their cousins when they are finished causes their seat work time to be quartered! Grrrrrrrrr!!! It sort of ticked me off. They are capable of more.....so much more....