Menu

I NEED busy work

BlsdMama

My son likes mazes and dot-to-dot exercises. You can buy cheap little books pretty much everywhere. I also have Mighty Minds, the magnetic one, and he likes to play with the shapes. And he's pretty good at building easy puzzles by himself. Sometimes I give him our math balance to play with. I also have a plastic container that I filled with dry beans of all shapes and sizes and the kids play in it like a sandbox. But I don't take that out too often just for my DS, because when I do, my older DD wants to play too and then she doesn't focus on her school work.

I have also given him easy shapes to cut out and then glue onto another paper (he has to fit the right shape into the right spot). I just make my own shapes and pages on my computer. My kid isn't big on coloring, but try coloring books, or sticker books.

I would check out you local bookstore. They should have mazes & dot to dots. Also handwritting sheets or one of those wipe of boards? I know Staples carries them. Puzzles would be good. How about audio books from the library with matching read along book?

My dc both like the Evan Moor Literature Pockets. We have done both the Nursery Rhymes and Fairytales ones. I get the copies made ahead of time, and let them work on their pockets for awhile each day. When they finish one, they choose another. It does take a little help in stapling, giving instructions, but it is mostly independent.

I have been to Hoomeschool Share so many times in the last few weeks, and I have somehow managed to completley miss this. Thanks so much for posting the link!

I second (third?) the Evan Moor literature pockets. We haven't done Fairy Tales yet, but my 5 year-old is loving the nursery rhymes pockets.

My DS loved and blew through his Hidden Pictures activity book. He finished it today, so I am very thankful for the Kindergarten Kits posted above. Thanks for asking this question. I would have forgotten about it until tomorrow when I had nothing to keep him occupied while I worked with DD.

I have been to Hoomeschool Share so many times in the last few weeks, and I have somehow managed to completley miss this. Thanks so much for posting the link!

:iagree:Me, too! I was surprised to see these. Are they fun/ interesting?

You know, if I hadn't clicked the "what's new" link I wouldn't have found them. They don't seem to be anywhere else on their site!